Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How to get current DCR name from an inline call
normski
Is it possible to get the name of the DCR from an inline call. I know you get the DCT path, the user name and role. But is it possible somehow to get the name of the DCR.
tks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Nidhi_Agrawal
U can use" var dcrName = IWDCRInfo.getDCRName(); " on formApi for that.
Nidhi....
normski
I thought formApi was avaiable only fromjavascript.
This is a snippet from my dct
<item name="name" rowcontinue="f">
<label>name</label>
<database data-type="CHAR(6)" />
<description>Select the property name</description>
<select required="t">
<inline command="/apps/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl /apps/iw-home/custom/ffe_load_dynamic_options.ipl premiumtext"/>
</select>
</item>
my perl script 'ffe_load_dynamic_options.ipl' needs to know the name of the dcr being loaded. In the environment variable list we have the parameters
IW_DCT, IW_WORKAREA, IW_USER and IW_ROLE but there is nothing for the dcr name. If it is possible to use form ipi from my perl script how would I do this?
Adam Stoller
I do not believe you can get the name of the DCR from an inline callout - since an inline callout is used at the time of building up the DCT structure without regard to the DCR that will then populate that structure in a later phase of the rendering process.
What are you trying to do?
Why do you believe you need the name of the DCR in an inline callout?
As mentioned already - you can get this information using FormAPI - which happens at a later stage in the overall process of DCT/DCR rendering.
You can also get this information in [non-inline] callouts - but that requires user-interaction (which I'm assuming you don't want to require).
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com