Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DevNet Web Services, supported or not?
System
Can someone tell me if DevNet Web Services is officially supported or not?
Dave
Current Environments:
(1,2) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I think your question is whether you can ask support questions on the web services downloads available on DevNet?
If you are a customer under contract you should be able to ask questions to Support. If you are not, you should post your questions here on DevNet.
If I mis-understood your question, please let me know.
Regards,
lissa
Migrateduser
Lissa,
No, you understood correctly. Then, why is it that my group opened a case with support and a certain individual from the support staff, whom I won't name here, has repeatedly told us to abandon DevNet WebServices and insall CSSDK 2.5 (for which we do not have a license at this time)? Why would a support representative basically refuse to support a supported product? What recourse is there?
Dave
Current Environments:
(1,2) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
ccprofessional
Dave - Sorry for jumping in, but I am curious. What is 'DevNet Webservices'? How is it different from CSSDK?
Migrateduser
It's a very new product and, as far as I understand, it mimics what CSSDK 2.5 does but does not require the license. In my mind, there's something missing there -- if it's the same thing, how does Interwoven make money off of the CSSDK licenses, right? Maybe I've been finding that out over the past couple of weeks.
If you have a support account and can access the downloads area, I assume you should have that product available for download.
Dave
Current Environments:
(1,2) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
ccprofessional
Thanks Dave. I was not aware of this 'new' product. I couldn't find it in my support downloads. Do you have a link to the download?
Migrateduser
I'm not sure why you don't have a link to it in your support downloads area but if you were to email Heather Simon at
supportadmin@interwoven.com
, I'd imagine she'll set you up.
Dave
Current Environments:
(1,2) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
Migrateduser
OK:
The DevNet version of the web services interface is for DevNet members who do not have support contracts. This allows you all to be able to see the interface(s) for Web Services for TeamSite, MediaBin, and OpenDeploy.
It is not a replacement for the full product, which includes the manuals and support.
For TeamSite, the web services download for DevNet also does not include the client side JAR that provides a higher level of abstraction.
You can learn more about this from this link on DevNet:
http://devnet.interwoven.com/site.fcgi/techlib/docs/WebServices.html#WSDLAccess
Regards,
lissa
Migrateduser
Dave,
Please post the issue you are having with the web services version in the Developer Suite forum.
We'll do what we can to work your issue here on DevNet. Very few folks have downloaded the DevNet version, and I expect your call was the first one support has seen on this package.
The person you worked with may or may not have been familiar with the packages and its contents.
While it is not a product that is "supported", it is also unlikely that any issue you encountered is unique to that package.
Hopefully we'll be able to get you going.
Regards,
lissa
Migrateduser
That's kinda weird. I have a support contract yet I can download DevNet WebServices.
Current Environments:
(1,2) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
Migrateduser
please send email to
support-admin@interwoven.com
there are some oddities with some of the permissions based upon product naming, but access will be granted quickly.
regards,
lissa