Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Reverse fan out?
PaulD
We are running 5.6a on AIX and I was wondering if a "reverse fan-out" is possible. For instance, we have 3 OD servers: OD1, OD2, and OD3. We need to initiate a reverse deployment from on OD1 from OD3. Here are some constraints:
1) The deployment
must
be initiated from OD1
2) OD1 can only talk to OD2
3) OD3 can only talk to OD2
4) OD3
cannot
initiate or push files. It can only be pulled from.
This situation seems ideally suited for a "reverse fan-out" but it doesnt seem to work. If I start the reverse deployment on OD1 it doesnt want to wait for the reverse deployment on OD2 (pulling from OD3) to finish so it looks like it tries to pull files that arent there yet.
thanks in advance
Paul
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
how about triggering with DNR?
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
PaulD
Thats what I'm implementing but I thought maybe someone might have gotten it to work without dnrs ...
gzevin
I dunno. stick to what definitely works. In a hindsight, DNR triggering another deployment IS a reverse deployment in essence. Implemented slighly differently
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU