Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
PT Documentation - somewhere?
JeremyH
Has printed documentation on presentation templates gone away (TS 6.5)? In the TST 6.5 manual, it refers to the tag documentation on the local installation. However, this documentation appears to be somewhat dated - and the FAQ has some sections that have obviously not been cleaned up. (A whole section on using Interwoven Internal email lists!)
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
I think the most accurate is the online docs:
http://servername//iw/help/tst/pt/index.html
UserFileAccessSummary.rptdesign
JeremyH
I was afraid of that...
So, where are custom perl modules supposed to be installed in TS 6.5?
<path-to-TeamSite-perl-module-dir>/TeamSite/PT/
is ambiguous now that vendor modules have been separated. (Should it go in vendor/lib? or site/lib?)
jbonifaci
Jeremy, we use site/lib/clientName and have not had any issues with patches/upgrades. I would leave vendor alone.
~Jeff
JeremyH
Sigh... that's the type of thing that would be nice in the documentation.
Adam Stoller
All custom modules belong under IWHOME/iw-perl/site/lib.
You should never change/add/remove anything in IWHOME/iw-perl/vendor/lib.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
gzevin
I actually take even perl modules out of iw-perl directory. All of my customizations (if possible) go to iw-home/custom.. I had to put 'use lib' pragma in all the perl code, but this is easy
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Adam Stoller
It's a lot easier if you put your stuff in iw-perl/site/lib - no 'use lib' directive with paths that either are hard-coded or require the use of a BEGIN{} block in order to set up the path to be used - and Interwoven has, I believe, promised not to touch iw-perl/site/lib with any patch, SP, or upgrade.
However - if you like using 'use lib' - go ahead.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
gzevin
what do you mean 'I like'?
I like drinking scotch and soda ..
bu putting everything in custom, I can easily take all the code.... well.. most of it
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
RonaldV
Check this:
http://support.interwoven.com/library/devel/tst/pt/
Seems to be updated (though it does not say to what TS version ;-)
Ronald
TS65 Sp1
Win2k Sp4
OD602
gzevin
the same set of pages is on every server, as per nipper's advice
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
JeremyH
It seems that custom TST PT tags need to be in the vendor directory in order to work properly.
Adam Stoller
If custom PT tag modules need to be in the vendor directory to work - that's a bug.
They should work just fine from the site/lib directory as long as you make the same structure - i.e. site/lib/TeamSite/PT/ - and you don't use the same name as any OOTB module.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
JeremyH
I put the perl modules in the directory:
/opt/iwov/iw-home/iw-perl/site/lib/TeamSite/PT
The tags weren't processed.
I then symlinked them to:
/opt/iwov/iw-home/iw-perl/vendor/lib/TeamSite/PT
and voila, they worked fine.
so it does seem to be a bug... Or a special feature.
Adam Stoller
I'd suggest you file it as a bug with Support.
The intent of the iw-perl/site/lib structure is that you can place your custom modules in there (and never touch iw-perl/vendor/lib) and that such customizations will not be affected by SP's, patches, and upgrades (unless they upgrade Perl too - in which case you *might* need to modify your code).
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com