EnvironmentWindows 2003 EE
TeamSite 6.5 SP1
OD/DD 6.0.2
Deploying DCR content to Sybase DB
Problem(somewhat related to this thread)
The referenced thread has to do with unbounded replicants, but let's say I want to work with bounded (e.g. max="10") replicants...
I will freely admit that it's been a long time since I've had to configure a DD deployment. I've looked through the manual but I don't see much in the way to help me here and I need to find out if what I want is possible -- and if so -- how?
The manual seems to indicate that one should not / cannot use "narrow" tuple format for content - but I think that's what I want to do.
Let's say I have a replicant defined like:<container name="People" combination="and" max="10">
<item name="ID">
<text required="f" maxlength="8"/>
</item>
<item name="Last_Name">
<text required="f" maxlength="50"/>
</item>
<item name="First_Name">
<text required="f" maxlength="50"/>
</item>
</container>and I want to deploy the content data to a DB table like:PeopleIDLast NameFirst Name0001ScallanTodd0002StollerAdam0003CuanBill0004FuPatrickI'm trying to figure out what the DD config would look like for this. Would it be something like:<group name="people" root-group="no" table="People">
<attrmap>
<column name="ID" data-type="NUMERIC(8)" list-to-replicant="yes" list-field="ID"
value-from-field="People/[0-10]/ID" is-replicant="yes" allows-null="no"/>
<column name="Last Name" data-type="VARCHAR(50)" list-to-replicant="yes" list-field="Last Name"
value-from-field="People/[0-10]/Last_Name" is-replicant="yes" allows-null="no"/>
<column name="First Name" data-type="VARCHAR(50)" list-to-replicant="yes" list-field="First Name"
value-from-field="People/[0-10]/First_Name" is-replicant="yes" allows-null="no"/>
</attrmap>
<keys>
<primary-key>
<key-column name="ID"/>
</primary-key>
</keys>
</group> I'm just confused over whether the above will do what I want or if it will do something very different. The documentation seemed to imply (at least in some places) that list-to-replicant was used to change comma-separated items into a replicant - but I already have a replicant, so I'm not sure if it's the correct directive.
If someone could provide the appropriate config snippet for the above example DCR to achieve the above example table, I'd appreciate it.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com