Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How do you force a get latest
nico
Couple things, I want to automate all my branches and workareas to have a scheduled "get latest" how do you do this?
Second, if a user is editing a page that is older than what is in staging I don't want them to have the option to work on the older one. How do I force this?
Thanks,
Nico
TS 6.5 sp1 win2003 server
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
RTFM on iwupdate
about the second question - TS will prompt the user if such a cae will occur.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
nipper
iwupdate will update only the files in a workflow when run from that workflow.
To totally prevent editing out of date content, change your locking model.
Adam Stoller
iwupdate will update only the files in a workflow when run from that workflow.
Uhm - no.
iwupdate
will operate on whatever files or area you tell it to operate on. An
updatetask
will only operate on the files attached to the workflow.
To totally prevent editing out of date content, change your locking model.
Well - that might work - another possibility is to only have one workarea per branch - if you only have one workarea - the content cannot be out of date - it will either be in-sync or modified from the copy in staging (well, I suppose if you do a 'revert' it will be out-of-date but I believe it is still considered to be modified from the current version in staging)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com