Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Getting Single Extended Attribute
iw_store
Hi ALL,
iwextattr "SomeFileName" ------------ Gives the all the Extended Attributes associated with a file, i can i have some code to take which one iam interested in.
my Question is, is there any way to get only sinlge extended attribute by specifying attribute name.
Sanjeev.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Nidhi_Agrawal
You can use this command for accessing the single extended attribute.
iwextattr -g /description/language Y:\default\main\dev\WORKAREA\andre\products\index.html
this will return the value of "/description/language" extended attribute....
iw_store
Hi,
:-) Thanks, did not flash hence a post.
Sanjeev.
kaalraa
Sanjeev,
We are here for your help as well.
- Achin Kalra
- ak's
nipper
BTW, if you script this, you may want to put the EA in quotes, if there is a space then it
will fail:
iwextattr -g "Hi there" foo.html
amar_maheshwary
hi ,
I am running the following command in my tpl
iwextattr -g TeamSite/Templating/PrimaryDCR /default/main/branch/WORKAREA/work/foo.html but its not returning me the dcr name. if I run this with -l it works fine . This is some thing with the permission issues but I am not able to see any kinda information in the CLT guide for any particular permssions.. Any pointers on this
TS6.5 + Solaris
jbonifaci
You must be missing something, this would not be permissions related.
So you're saying if you do:
iwextattr -l "/default/main/branch/WORKAREA/work/foo.html"
That it shows you the list of EAs for that file and the list contains "TeamSite/Templating/PrimaryDCR=/templatedata/someCategory/someDataType/data/someDcr"? Yet if you do:
iwextattr -g "TeamSite/Templating/PrimaryDCR" "/default/main/branch/WORKAREA/work/foo.html"
It doesn't return anything?
If the -l works from the command line and the -g does not work from the command line, then I would say there is something messed up and you should contact support. But I'm guessing that isn't the case.
Where are you performing both of these? Are you doing both from the command line and seeing this result? Or are you doing the -l from the command line and the -g in the code?
Why don't you post the code in question and someone can help point you in the right direction.
~Jeff
jkm
Thanks Jeff, for your reply. I found the reason and it was something my stupid mistake. I was calling iwextattr in a function and passing wrong value of IWHOME
(
but another thing if you can let me know. I am generate a page using iwpt_compile then html file shud hav basic extended attributes to be set like DCR name and template type etc but I can not see those set. Why so ?
below is the command line..
"/opt/Interwoven/TeamSite/bin/iwpt_compile.ipl" -pt "/opt/iwmnt/default/main/Branch/WORKAREA/work/templatedata/General/3_wide_article/presentation/3_wide_article.tpl" -iw_pt-dcr "/opt/iwmnt/default/main/Branch/WORKAREA/work/templatedata/General/3_wide_article/data/NAI" -iw_include-location "/opt/iwmnt/default/main/Branch/WORKAREA/work" -ofile "/opt/iwmnt/default/main/Branch/WORKAREA/work/NetworkInfo/NetworkAlteration.html"
and no extended attributes set on html
jbonifaci
Actually, I don't believe it is set if you use iwpt_compile.ipl. Only if it is generated through the GUI. If you do it through iwpt_compile.ipl, you need to set EAs yourself
~Jeff
jkm
yes, I just checked or I need to use iwgen tht will help