Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
connection refused mesage in iwsend_mail
gzevin
This question is probably for ghoti, as he's the author.
Adam, this is first time I saw an error message, while trying to send mail in a workflow (TS 6.1 SP2 Solaris).
Error: Connection refused at /u01/app/iw-home/iw-perl/vendor/lib/Mail/Mailer.pm line 266
this error occured only twice so far. It could be the network issues.
anybody saw this before?
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I did not write Mail::Mailer.
It is possible that it was a network / SMTP server issue that was transient - or, if it keeps happening, that someone changed something on the SMTP server that no longer allows connections from the TeamSite server.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
gzevin
yeah, I understand that you have not written the mailer itself.
anyway, this seems to be a thing that have gone for now.. could be network glitches....
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Migrateduser
yes ,I saw the message like above.
message is "cannot connect to smpt server." repeated several times ,
and show send mail .
why?
Lal
Hi,
So is there any way to send mail in a particular tiime.. say in one of my teamsite application, a press release is to go live only by 4 PM and
@that
time only an email needs to be send ..but the workFlow will get complete much before that ...
Hope you guys got my questions correctly ...
Note: I have posted this as another qs... but now I am unable to list that...
I forgot the link.. no way in devnet to find all my PREVIOUS posting
Lal
Edited by Lal on 09/10/05 09:38 AM (server time).
Adam Stoller
Is the delay in going live handled by a scheduled deployment? If so - you could potentially use a DNR script in the deployment to send email.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
gzevin
Adam,
I gave the same person the same answer and even more suggestions.. he seems to be unable to find them in a different forum....
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
tab.zip
Lal
No No.. the deployment will happen much before.. only this information needs to be send to the Users at a later time thru an e-mail..
Lal
Adam Stoller
At the risk of possibly repeating one of Greg's suggestions from another post ....
Have your workflow enter the path, the user and the go-live date (and any other pertinent information) into a DB.
Have a process that queries the DB nightly (or whatever frequency you desire) to find out all the pages that will be going live the next day and send email to the authors (and anyone else) at that time.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
gzevin
I still prefer to stick (sic!) with the EAs. Then, of course, implementation details could vary. DD --> DB, nightly directory walk-throughs, etc, etc
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
iwovGraduate
...I forgot the link.. no way in devnet to find all my PREVIOUS posting
...
1. Click on your name, which will bring up your profile. (You can get a link to your profile several ways - e.g. look at one of your posts, or look at who's online, etc.)
2. Click on "Show all users' posts".
3. Enjoy reading your own posts.
PS: Works for most users. May not work for ghoti