Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Login with DES encrypted passwords
ptezh
Hi, I am looking for a solution to authenticate the user with supplied username and DES encrypted password.
In the current scenario , an application supplies plain username and password in the request to teamsite Standard interface home page, which uses the teamsite authentication filter to authenticate the user and opens the standard interface.But now due to security policy only the DES encrypted password will be supplied.
Is there any solution available out of the box without using cookies.
Approach I took is I wrote custom code to decrypt the password and used in a filter which changes the request parameter with decrypted ones before going to authentication filter. But I m finding lots of issues to add the filter in web.xml because whenever i do install_webapps the server overwrites web.xml and it doesn't work. This can solve my purpose but i don't know how can I add my custom filter in web.xml. Plz help
Thanks in advance,
Pritesh Kapoor
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet