Unable to complete a manual activity using dfc code

KBD
KBD
edited August 22, 2012 in Documentum #1

Hi ,

I am trying to complete a manual activity using following dfc code but unable to do so.

LoginManager loginManager = new LoginManager(userName,password,reposirory);

IDfSession session = loginManager.getSession();

IDfWorkitem workIt=(IDfWorkitem) session.getObject(new DfId("4a00303980007912"));

workIt.acquire();

workIt.complete();

I am getting following exception .

DfException:: THREAD: main; MSG: [DM_WORKFLOW_E_COLLECT_OUTPORT]error:  "The activity 'Review_Reviewer' (35) of workflow (4d00303980004951) fails to collect manually specified output ports for transition."; ERRORCODE: 100; NEXT: null

at com.documentum.fc.client.impl.docbase.DocbaseExceptionMapper.newException(DocbaseExceptionMapper.java:57)

at com.documentum.fc.client.impl.connection.docbase.MessageEntry.getException(MessageEntry.java:39)

at com.documentum.fc.client.impl.connection.docbase.DocbaseMessageManager.getException(DocbaseMessageManager.java:137)

at com.documentum.fc.client.impl.connection.docbase.netwise.NetwiseDocbaseRpcClient.checkForMessages(NetwiseDocbaseRpcClient.java:305)

at com.documentum.fc.client.impl.connection.docbase.netwise.NetwiseDocbaseRpcClient.applyForBool(NetwiseDocbaseRpcClient.java:349)

at com.documentum.fc.client.impl.connection.docbase.DocbaseConnection$1.evaluate(DocbaseConnection.java:1076)

at com.documentum.fc.client.impl.connection.docbase.DocbaseConnection.evaluateRpc(DocbaseConnection.java:1014)

at com.documentum.fc.client.impl.connection.docbase.DocbaseConnection.applyForBool(DocbaseConnection.java:1069)

at com.documentum.fc.client.impl.connection.docbase.DocbaseConnection.apply(DocbaseConnection.java:1054)

at com.documentum.fc.client.impl.docbase.DocbaseApi.witemComplete(DocbaseApi.java:1191)

at com.documentum.fc.client.DfWorkitem.completeEx2(DfWorkitem.java:503)

at com.documentum.fc.client.DfWorkitem.completeEx(DfWorkitem.java:497)

at com.documentum.fc.client.DfWorkitem.complete(DfWorkitem.java:491)

at com.documentum.fc.client.DfWorkitem___PROXY.complete(DfWorkitem___PROXY.java)

at com.petrofac.ebms.util.TestUtil.main(TestUtil.java:43)

Tagged:

Comments

• bacham2
    edited August 22, 2012 #2

It looks like the follow-up activity has a mandatory package. Check your process in Process Builder. If it's the case, you will need to add code to append the new package to the workflow.

• JorgKrause
    edited August 22, 2012 #3

Hi,

Error message is

fails to collect manually specified output ports for transition

Do you have parallel activities? The error indicates some problems to determine the flow/port.

Maybe you can post a screen dump of the process?

Regards

Jørg

• KBD
    KBD
    edited August 22, 2012 #4

Hi  Jørg Krause ,

Yes for this manual activity the queue items are received by multiple performers at the same time and all the actors have to  act parallely . I want to auto complete these queue items using dfc code . My intension is to complete this stage and move the workflow to next level (actor) .

• JorgKrause
    edited August 22, 2012 #5

Hi again,

this should not be any problem, of course

However, something is going wrong, and I suspect that you have several flows from the manual activity to others? Or is there only one next activity (actor).

What does happen if you do this from Webtop/Taskspace? Do you have to specify additional information, i.e. other users for future activities, or next activity in case of several flows?

Regards

Jørg

• JorgKrause
    edited August 22, 2012 #6

Hi,

Pretty sure that you need to call IDfWorkitem.setOutput() or IDfWorkitem.setOutputByActivities() method before you call complete().

Just saw exactly the same error message in a forum thread.

https://community.emc.com/message/657060#657060

Regards

Jørg