Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
regarding cgi and ipl
agammehta
How do I pass value back to IPL file from CGI.
Issue:-
I have IPL file which uses callserver to CGI. CGI file does few processing and has an array output. I would like to retry this array output back into my IPL file.
Thanks,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
agammehta
Do we have any other option on passing value to IPL file ?
IVFilter.jpg
coltrane30
i was wondering that myself. little help anyone.
jbonifaci
I'm not really sure what you're doing. You say that you're doing a callServer from an ipl file? A callServer is a formapi method and can't be called from an ipl file. Please specify more clearly what you are trying to do. Either way, you won't be able to directly pass your array from your CGI to whatever it is you are calling it from. Posting your code would also help.
~Jeff
agammehta
Jeff,
I have IPL file and callserver is called from javascript as it being formapi. I have callserver calling URL = ".cgi" file passing parameter. Now using this parameter .CGI file processes this KEY word passed and returns some OUTPUT. How would I access this OUTPUT from .CGI file.
Thanks,
jbonifaci
You can't access the output directly. Your cgi needs to output javascript that interacts with your formapi. For example, if you wanted your callServer to set the value of an item named myItem to the value myValue, you would have your CGI output something like this:
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1<html>
<head>
<script language='JavaScript'>
parent.getScriptFrame().IWDatacapture.getItem.('/myItem').setValue('myValue');
</script>
</head>
</html>
If you want more specific help, please post your code and someone might be able to point out where you are going wrong.
~Jeff