Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
preview of pdf files onTS6.5 + IIS6
jkm
Hi guys,
I am not able to preview the pdf/doc/rtf files in TS6.5 + IIS6. It gives me the message to download the file in the preview window. Can anyone let me know how to enable the preview for these items.
I read in one article that customer web server has to configure but its no where mentioned what has to configure. Please assist me for this
Cheers!!
-Rocky
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
You need to configure the iw.cfg file to disable the Smart Context Editing toolbar ("VisualPreview") for those types. RTFM TeamSite Administrator's Guide, regarding "Enabling and Disabling VisualPreview" [around page 25]
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
jkm
Thanks a lot Adam, I disabled it and its working fine.
Cheers!!
-Rocky
jkm
Hi,
I am trying to open the same pdf file on click of a button in my CGI (httpd/iw-bin) directory but it gives me error message "Internet Explorer cant download the file, Internet explorer is not able to open the file". I am using the following URL which is similar as of preview command .
my $pdf_url= qq!'
http://icd:81/iw-cc/command/iw.group.preview_file?vpath=//server/default/main/branch1/WORKAREA/main_wa/images/Test.pdf'!
;
Any clue why its happening.
thank & regards
Adam Stoller
Well, one might ask why you're putting a PDF into an images/ directory - but I don't think that's the source of the problem.
Why are you going to port 81? (
http://icd
:81
/iw-cc
)
Try removing the
:81
and see if that works any better?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
jkm
iw-webd is running on port 81
from iw.cfg
http_port=81
and I was putting this in images directory because of some testing..I tried removing 81 but its not able to locate the page without 404 error
Do we need to enable some security controls for this. Any ideas
Adam Stoller
I don't know what the issue is - and maybe I'm just too turkey'ed out - but I don't really feel like trying to figure it out either.
You can always try contacting support.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com