Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Nedd to control generate option
infoForDj
Hi,
We have a DCT that has 3 TPLs associated with it.
Problem: Whenever the user clicks on "Generate" for the 1st time, he gets an option to select 1 of the 3 TPLs. However, on subsequent hitting of "generate" button, the html is generated for the previously selected TPL. He is able to select a new TPL to generate html only if he refreshes the DCR.
Is there any way through which we can provide the user with the option of selecting the TPL whenever he hits the "Generate" button without the need to refresh the DCR.
Thanks,
Dhruv
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
LooseCannon
instruct your users to select the appropriate tpl using the 'Form Settings"
jbonifaci
We did something similar for the preview button, I would assume it would work for generate as well. Try the following:
Copy \iw-home\httpd\webapps\content_center\formspub\datacapture_buttonframe.jsp
To \iw-home\local\config\lib\content_center\customer_src\web\formspub\datacapture_buttonframe.jsp
You'll need to make some slight modifications to the file you just copied. To get the preview to prompt every time, all you need to do is comment out the following line:
function previewCallback(pt)
{
//
top._dcWin.datacapture.setPT(pt);
return;
}
I don't know if the generate would be just as simple, as I haven't tried it, but you could try commenting the following line and see what happens:
function generateCallback(dcrPath, pt, outputFilePath, generateWin)
{
//
top._dcWin.datacapture.updateSettings(dcrPath, pt, outputFilePath);
return;
}
If that doesn't work, I'm sure you can play around with this file to get it to work. You will of course have to run make_toolkit.ipl after every change to this file.
~Jeff
infoForDj
Hi,
Thanks for the help. It did work
Dhruv
infoForDj
Hi,
I tried generating using form settings. I selected the TPL, entered an output file and clicked on "OK". However, nothing happened. The form settings screen closed and no shtml got generated. Also, when I again clicked on form settings, the output file was prepopulated with the previously entered path. Preview works fine with form settings option.
I don't know whether I am using form settings option in the correct way.
If I try commenting out lines in datacapture_buttonframe.jsp, run make_toolkit.ipl, edit a DCR, generate 3 separate htmls with 3 different TPLs one after other and hit on "Finish" button of the DCR, the "Submit Job" screen does not appear. Instaed an error screen appears saying,"An eeror occured executing command com.interwoven.ui.formspub.teamsite.TSTWFLogicCommand".
Please help me figure out this one.
Thanks,
Dhruv