Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
verifying ext. attr. validity in workflow
mcdoma2000
Is there a way of verifying the validity of the extended attributes for a file in an NON-INTERACTIVE way from within a workflow? What I would like to do is loop through the files attached to a workflow and testing each one to be sure the appropriate metadata has been set before allowing the workflow to proceed. Is this possible?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Sure - use iwextattr to extract the EAs and then run the key/value pairs through whatever code you want to validate them. If they don't validate - callback to a task that will notify the user that the EAs didn't validate and have them try again - if they do validate - callback to the next task.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
mcdoma2000
I guess I should have been more specific - I was hoping to leverage the built-in validity checking that the extended attributes data entry pages have to ensure that the extended attributes matched the template (of course, without actually calling the user interface). I would prefer not to have to write my own code for each possible metadata template, but would prefer to leverage what is already there...
Mark
Adam Stoller
The "built-in" validity checking is custom too - and it involves processing that only takes place in the GUI (i.e. via javascript) - so the answer to your question as re-phrased is "no" - you have to develop your own customization either through the GUI or through some externaltask script process.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com