Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TeamSite Import
System
Hi,
I am trying to import some files into the TS server but keep failing because I am getting an error "Read Timed Out".
I tried importing the material several times, but it keeps failing at different points along the process and with different files (.DOC, .VSD, etc').
The overall size of what I am trying to import is 17MB, and the material124 different files, which to my understanding should not be too big from TS to import.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Can you verify that your network isn't experiencing latency as it's trying to export the files from your machine to the TS box? I see the same things sometimes and it's often on the first try whereas subsequent attempts are successful. I know that in my case, the network can be unreliable. This error will be thrown if the applet detects latency for a certain period of time.
Dave
Current Environments:
(1,2) TS 6.5 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
Migrateduser
Most likely you are right, cause the network has been slow lately. I wonder, though, if there is anyway to change the time setting so that the the timeout would be longer?
ccprofessional
Although there is no timeout setting for the launchpad applet, you can check a couple more things:
- get the latest sun jvm - jvm 1.4.2 is what's officially supported, but later versions should be fine. The latest jvm versions may have better reliability
- there is no proxy configured from the client machine (in the browser settings)