Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Teamsite 6.1 and AD read timeout
mcpalmer
Hey all,
TS 6.1, Windows 2000, Active Directory, 1 Domain in iw.cfg file....
Is there a way to increase the Active Directory read timeout when Teamsite first starts?
Sometimes it takes longer than 10 minutes for TS to read the users and groups in AD. When this happens I get the following error in the iwserver.log and the "Interwoven Teamsite" service goes from running to stopped.
[Sun Nov 27 22:41:56 2005] ERROR: iwserver did not come up in 600 seconds
[Sun Nov 27 22:41:56 2005] ERROR: Please look at C:\iw-home\local\logs\iwtrace.log for more information
iwtrace.log file shows that it does eventually read the users and groups from AD, (normally between 10 and 13 minutes). The Y drive comes up correctly and the backing store is not corrupt. What I find interesting is that when the "Interwoven Teamsite" goes from running to stopped, Teamsite still appears to be working fine.
[Sun Nov 27 22:32:09 2005] Local system: "server_name"
[Sun Nov 27 22:32:09 2005] Domain "domain_name" is added to the domain list, pdc="\\pdc_server_name".
[Sun Nov 27 22:42:57 2005] done. 95 users and 812 groups read.
thanks for any help in advance. I've had a case with Support open for 10 days and have not received any useful information from them yet. (They still have not looked at the logs I sent)
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
stefanmaier
Hi,
we got exactly the same error message when we booted our old TS5.5 system.
We had round about 1500 authors, the TS server startup time was approximately 20 minutes...
Only workaround I know:
Replace your UID files with smaller ones.
After the TS server startup reconstruct the full UID files and do an iwreset
I know, its only a workaround for planned server reboots, but the only one I know
On our new 6.5 system we reduce the number of authors so we don't have this problem now...
Regards
Stefan
wadis_julia
Thank you for that information. To show I'm not afraid of asking stupid questions, I'll ask this one: are editors automatically authors, or would they need to be in both roles files to do both?
nipper
Editors must be in the Author file to log in as an author.