Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
disaster recovery strategies
nico
I have a ts 6.5 install in one city and have a dormant ts6.5 box in another city at my disaster recovery center win 2003 ee. My dilema is how to keep the dormant server current with the latest stuff in my live 6.5 box.
How are all of you doing it? I was thinking of deploying the backing store to the remote ts 6.5 box but someone said this is not the best idea due to domain naming issues? Someone else said to deploy editions to the remote box, but then the backing stores are out of synch right? or wrong? or doesn't matter? I'm lost.
How are the rest of you doing this?
Your thoughts r welcome, thanks,
Nico
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
reddyl
I would sync the STAGING and EDITION of all the branch content to the dormant server using TeamSite triggers & OpenDeploy scripts.
jed
It is unfortunate that the product has no native support for disaster recovery/cluster/etc. Usually the answer from product management is "talk to CSO--they can implement something." Riiight. Anyway, anyone have an active feature request for writing to a quasi-offline backingstore??
--
Jed Michnowicz
jedm@sun.com
Content Management Engineering
Sun Microsystems