Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
***ERROR - cvs checkout
Bill Klish
OpenDeploy 6.0.2 SP1
Redhat 3.0
I have a cvs payload deployment that is pulling code from a cvs repository and deploying it into a file system. When I remove files inside of cvs and attempt to deploy, the deletes are never propagated to the local working directory. The following message appears in the log:
***ERROR - cvs checkout: log4j.xml is no longer in the repository
Should I have a deployment task that runs at the end and wipes out the local working directory each time? The actual development is happening inside Eclipse and each developer has a local working directory on their workstations. This directory is being used just to get the files into the deployment.
I need to have these deletes be propagated to the destination though. So, how do I get these to be deleted in the destination? If I blow away the working directory, the files will not appear deleted or make it into the payload file list will they?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
CVS adapter works by running cvs commands, which come from the CVS client you have installed. The adapter parses the output of CVS command (in this case "cvs checkout") to discover what is going on.
The delete output from the cvs checkout command you are using (through the adapter) is different from the one the adapter is normally looking for. So you have to configure the adapter to parse a bit differently. You can do so by specifying a Java regular expression that matches *exactly* the output your CVS checkout command is producing when processing a file that has bee deleted in the repository. Note that you can look at the exact output the cvs checkout command is producing for a delete by running the command in shell after a file has been deleted in the repository.
I believe the following should take care of your issue:
Edit adpcfg.properties (located in etc directory under your OD Home) and append the following lines to it:
adp.cvs.delete.pattern=^(cvs checkout: (.+(([//].+)?)) is no longer in the repository)$
adp.cvs.delete.groupnum=2
The pattern value above is a Java regex pattern that matches the output of your cvs checkout on a delete. The grop number is the capturing groups in the regular expression that contains the name of the deleted file.
Take care not to insert extra spaces in the above regular expression or in the adpcfg.properties file.
Kuldip
Bill Klish
Great.
I will give this a try and let you know how I make out. Was this documented somewhere that I missed?
Migrateduser
Not documented. Currently, you need Interwoven's support to use the configurability feature.
Thanks
Kuldip