Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
how to configure default submit workflow in ts65?
System
hi,there,
I am currently using teamsite workflow function. I want to use mail notificaiotn for " configurable_author_submit.wft", so I config the iw.cfg as following:
[iwsend_mail]
maildomain=xxxxxxxx.com
mailserver=smtp.xxxxxxxxxxxxx.com
use_mapping_file=true
email_mapping_file=C:\Interwoven\TeamSite\local\config\wft\email_map.cfg
debug_output=c:/tmp/iwsend_mail.log
since the useid is not same as use email address, I use email_map.cfg to map useid and email.
then modify the configurable_author_submit.cfg file to set
email_notification_to_author=yes
email_notification_to_reviewer=yes
seems everthing is ok, then I begin workflow-author submit.
workflow runs well, but I cannot reveive the notification mail.
why?
can you give me some suggestion?
I am sure the mail server,maildomain is correct.
besides, I check the tech article, one said we should use iwsend_mail.ipl instead of iw_solution_mail.ipl since the latter will not check the email_map.cfg .
how can I use iwsend_mail.ipl in configurable_author_submit?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
besides, I check the tech article, one said we should use iwsend_mail.ipl instead of iw_solution_mail.ipl since the latter will not check the email_map.cfg .
how can I use iwsend_mail.ipl in configurable_author_submit?
Both iwsend_mail.ipl and iw_solution_mail.ipl reference an email_map.cfg file - however, by default, they reference
different
email_map.cfg files in
different
formats (the former is very simplistic userid: email_address format, the latter is XML format)
You say you are sure your TS server can connect to your SMTP server - have you verified this by trying to telnet to your SMTP server's SMTP port (default I believe is 25) - that would be the first thing I'd suggest.
After that - it's mostly a matter of enabling debugging in the script and/or working with your local SMTP guru.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
thanks ghoti,
I have use telnet to verify smtp server, and smtp server is ok.
and when I use iwsend_mali.ipl to send mail just like iwsend_mail.ipl -t **** -syyyyyyy -m dddddddddd -f
ssss@fsf.com
,
the command showed it connect to iw server and send mail successfully, write the log file on tmp dir.
but I cannot receive the mail,why?
I use a exchange mail server of our company, maybe this mail server need send certification?
I don't know?
any suggestion!
Adam Stoller
To repeat myself:
After that - it's mostly a matter of enabling debugging in the script and/or working with your local SMTP guru.
You need to have someone watch the SMTP logs to see what's happening on the mail server. They should be able to watch the connection and communications on the mail server side to find out what's happening.
As far as the script is concerned - it connected to the SMTP server and sent "something* to it - so it's satisfied that it did its job. The SMTP server, on the other hand may not like the address provided, may not like the From: header, may not like any number of things about what it was provided. All of that needs to be checked on the mail server side.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
thanks!
I am afraid that I cannot check the smtp server's log since it's out of my control.
seems I'd better setup a new smtp server on my computer and setup new mailox to use mail notification.
waitting my good news
Adam Stoller
Are you saying you have *no* contact with the people who *do* maintain the SMTP server?
That doesn't sound right - you should be able to find a contact there and work with them to resolve the issue - unless of course you want to be running your own SMTP server in the long-run.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com