Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Moving farmsets into odnodes.xml . . . / DTD question
Tbag
This is a prelminary question to my REAL problem, but. . . .
In the od.601.ref.pdf documentation (page 97), the DTD for the odnodes.xml file is described as:
====================
<!ENTITY %deploymentConfiguration SYSTEM "oddeployment.dtd">
%deploymentConfiguration;
<!ELEMENT nodeSet (node | routeDefinition )+, replicationFarmSet? >
....other stuff....
====================
Am I reading this correctly when I say that this means the odnodes.xml file could look like this:
====================
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<nodeset>
...all my node definitions...
</nodeset>
<replicationFarmSet>
...all my replication farms...
</replicationFarmSet>
====================
I'm a little put off by the comma in the ELEMENT definition line (between the "...ion)+" and "replic...") , but if it works anything like the commas in other DTDs, then my hunch should hold correct, right?
You can probably guess that the reason I'm posting this question is because (a) yes, I've tried adding a raw <replicationFarmSet> to my odnodes.xml file and (b) it causes the iwodcmd start command to barf at me, specifically:
***ERROR - Starting deployment.
Reason from server: DEPLOY_CONFIG_FILE
Details : Got Exception: null
Has anyone migrated their farmsets into their odnodes.xml file? Can you post a little snippet of what that looks like?
Thanks in advance,
Tom
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bill Klish
<nodeSet>
<node name="teamsited01"
host="teamsited01.****.****.com"
port="20014"/>
<node name="intw02"
host="intw02.****.****.com"
port="20014"/>
<replicationFarmSet>
<replicationFarm name="edev">
<nodeRef useNode="teamsited01"/>
</replicationFarm>
<replicationFarm name="dev">
<nodeRef useNode="intw02"/>
</replicationFarm>
</replicationFarmSet>
</nodeSet>
Migrateduser
Also be sure to specify "external" in your deployment config when referencing the farm in odnodes:
<replicationFarmLink>
<external name="MyTargetReplicationFarm"/>
</replicationFarmLink>
Todd Scallan
Sr. Dir. Product Mgt.
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Tbag
Thanks for your help. . .though I swear I tried moving the replicationFarmSet as a child element of the the [nodeSet] yesterday and it didn't work. Must have been my fat fingers or something.
So, then....one last question, just because I'm ignorant....
The current DTD for the odnodes.xml spec is like this:
<!ELEMENT nodeSet (node | routeDefinition )+, replicationFarmSet? >
Shouldn't that be instead:
<!ELEMENT nodeSet ( (node | routeDefinition )+, replicationFarmSet? ) >
What threw me off was that without the all-encompassing paranthesis wrapping what sub-elements are allowed to the nodeSet element, it looks like the XML document could be structured like this:
[nodeSet]
[stuff]
[/nodeSet]
[replicationFarmSet]
[stuff]
[/replicationFarmSet]
I know that's bad practice, so you don't see it very often, but there's no rule that makes my assumption syntactically verboten, is there?