Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
deploying TS configs
Bomberoo
We have created a configs branch in Teamsite and are deploying the TS config files using a workflow back to the teamsite server so that we can manage them without having to log onto the box. One question about the deploy though, if you have C:\iw-home set up as an allowed directory in the odbase.xml file can you deploy to directories under it (such as C:\iw-home\local) using OD 6.0.2? When I try to do this it gives me an error that says its not an allowed directory.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
Yes that works. I do it all the time.
Did you do an iwodserverreset ? or restart OD ? IIRC, OD does not read the allowed dirs
except on startup.
Bomberoo
I did do the serverreset. To make sure everything was working correctly I hardcoded the full path to the directory as the allowed directory and deployed and it worked. However, when I set it to the teamsite home directory it gave me the not allowed deploy directory.
nipper
Where are you pushing from the WA ?
i.e.
config/WORKAREA/mine/
contains local/config/submit.cfg
push to c:\iw-home (in the allowed dir)
Bomberoo
We put all the configs in the root of the WA and I deploy based on the selected file to the proper directory (or thats what it is supposed to happen).
nipper
ok, strange, never have implemented that way, makes it tough when you add new files for the config
If you feel adventerous, make a local dir, put the file in there and see if it will deploy.
Bomberoo
Adventurous is my middle name, thanks for the help, I'll see what I can find out.
Adam Stoller
You are walking into an un-maintable setup - the config branch should be layed out with the *exact same directory structure* as the target area to which you want to deploy. I.e.:
- wa_root/conf/roles
- wa_root/etc/
- wa_root/local/config/lib/content_center/customer_src/etc/conf/customer
etc.
Then your OD config becomes much more straight forward.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
nipper
Adventurous is my middle name, thanks for the help, I'll see what I can find out.
you should change your name to unmaintainable.