Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Content to my Web App
mike0801
Hello,
I am wondering what options I have for retrieving content from TeamSite from my web application. A scenario would be where I want to return a document based on a users demographic information. Is there a java api that can be used? A web service? The application would run on WebLogic, but NOT be a Portal application.
Thanks
Mike Horn
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
ccprofessional
Have you looked into CSSDK?
currencywrap.rptdesign
iwovGraduate
What version of TS?
Are you looking to retrieve a document (based on...) to a TeamSite user and provide an alternative interface to TeamSite or you are talking about users of your website/intranet/portal. For the latter, it has little to do with TS I think. You might want to look at CSSDK for the former. (Although I am not quite sure if I understand what you are looking to achieve)
mike0801
I've heard of the CSSDK. However I am new to this product and in fact I dont have access to the product itself. I am doing research because a potential client has asked how this could be done. I'd be happy with a pointer to any information or a high level description that would describe how I can integrate without having to utilize BEA Portal.
I's assume that the CsSDK allows java clients to access the content repository, search it, and retrieve content.
thanks again
Mike
mike0801
It sounds like I need to use the CS SDK. I am trying to retrieve content for users of a website. For instance, user XYZ lives in Texas. I want to retieve a doucment that describes products available in texas. This is not an alternate interface to the Teamsite application. Sorry, I am not informed to the entire product stack and I may have used "TeamSite" without complete knowledge. My client posed me this question.... and of course wants a quick answer.
Thanks
Mike
ccprofessional
For an 'executive' overview of iwov's service oriented architecture including CSSDK, you can look at this whitepaper:
http://devnet.interwoven.com/site.fcgi/techlib/54472
If you want the nitty grity of CSSDK look here:
http://devnet.interwoven.com/site.fcgi/techlib/docs/WebServices.html#WSDLAccess
Johnny
I'm not so sure how scalableTeamSite will be if it used as part of your live web site as well as the content management/authoring environment.
One may have an impact on the other. CSSDK opens up such possibilities, but it's always been clear that this was not the original design of the product.
I would be curious to hear other peoples thoughts on this including IWOV and especially those of you who have actually done this.
Note you can search for content via CSSDK in TS 6.5 SP1. I am interested in using this on a live site to avoid using a database for simple content queries. Search would seem perfect for this.
John Cuiuli
Migrateduser
There are also good DevNet webcasts on the SDK. If you search in the TechLib you should find them.
Dan Bowker's session at GearUP on the SDK might also be illuminating.
lissa
pranav
Hi Mike,
I am woking for a portal Env(Plumtree) where portlets are written in java .So for Teamsite interaction we are using CSSDK .And i think this will give you all the methods to manipulate all teamsite activities.
Now, i would suggest you to first implement the sample provided by CSSDK.
-Pranav