Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Document management problem
Terence
Hi all,
I'm using WorkSite MP 4.1 to manage the documents (in pdf format) between 2 departments, accounting and operation department.
The 2 departments had it's own workspace within a single facilities.
user in accounting need to upload invoice in document folder.
user in operation department need to upload receipt in document folder.
Since accounting user need to access receipt too, so there must have linkage between invoice and receipt (invoice no = receipt no).
Once the accounting user view the details of the invoice document, the related receipt (receipt no which same as invoice no) are also appear in the Related Items folder for user to reference.
I would like to ask does the WorkSite MP can automatically map the documents together? I heard that is it possible by using metadata relationship.
I had extended a field by Object Modeler which user can type in the invoice no / receipt no when upload the document.
But after that I don't know how to do.~,~
Since the quantity of the documents is very large, It is impossible to done it by manpower.
Is anyone can give me a help???? Thank you very much.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Nicholas
You may need to write your finctionality. So search around the WSMP SDK (MetadataRelationship & others)
Thanks Nicholas
dbguy
Try using related documents. Not sure if MetadataRelationship is a good approach for this problem.
Take a look at the web app and see if the Related Items in a document is the functionality you are looking for. If so, you can create them programmatically using Document.createBookmark().
Terence
Hi all,
I've tried to use SDK's method, document.createBookmark() to assing the bookmark to related document.
After running the program, I can see that there are records inserted into the database, but I cannot see the document's bookmark in the web app.
Is there any operation step that I missing???
thanks all
Nicholas
Related item available for Task/Issue, it's not available for documents and other contents.
Yes, but why this functionality not available for documents and others by default/or this is a bug?
Migrateduser
If you still have not resolved this issue, please add a related item through the Web UI for an existing document and then compare this bookmark record in database with the one you've created programmatically. You are missing some field used by Web App on the related item.
-bijoy
Terence
Thank you very much.