How can I stop sending email by dm_event_sender.ebs script some times in a workflow?

athati
edited December 12, 2012 in Documentum #1

Hi,

In my workflow I am sending emails using SMPT activity as well as dm_event_sender.ebs script. Some times I am required to send email using only SMPT activity and stop sending email by dm_event_sender.ebs script. How can I do this?

Please share your knowledge and experiences for figuring this out.

Thanks.

ta

Tagged:

Best Answer

• pettitk
    edited December 12, 2012 #2 Answer ✓

You should be able to edit the docbasic code in the dm_event_sender.ebs. Put in debug print statements, and reverse engineer the events you want to disable or conditionally still use. Be careful, as any typo, etc will cause all mail to stop. -Kyle

Answers

• pettitk
    edited December 12, 2012 #3 Answer ✓

You should be able to edit the docbasic code in the dm_event_sender.ebs. Put in debug print statements, and reverse engineer the events you want to disable or conditionally still use. Be careful, as any typo, etc will cause all mail to stop. -Kyle

• athati
    edited December 12, 2012 #4

Thanks Kyle,

I know any typo in the docbasic script will cause the script working at all, but I still could not do reverse engineering. I think I need to identify the code snippet which sends these emails. Is there any option in any activity in the Process builder to use only SMPT and not use the script?

Thanks.

ta

• pettitk
    edited December 12, 2012 #5

You can use a BOF auto activity, and then use java mail too… in your dfc, then do a get on the smtp server (either docbase or config object, not sure without looking closer)