Hello Experts,
Is it possible for a documentum user authenticated against active directory, change their password ? The passwords are not stored in docbase and must be changed in directory server.
Thanks in advance
Yes once you configure Content server with your AD, changed password will be reflected in your AD
Hello,
Thank you very much for the reply. That sounds very interesting, have you ever tested this, because the content server administration guide says;
Using an LDAP directory server includes the following constraints:
• The changePassword method is not supported for users managed through an LDAP directory server.
If the method works it would be very useful for us, but the note above making me down.
For me, it's not possible to change the password directly in the docbase via DA or Webtop.
Hello Julien,
do you mean inline password or a user password that is managed through LDAP?
I mean the LDAP password. I think that Content Server cannot write on LDAP Server so it can't change the password.
That is why I created the discussion. I saw the note in content server administration guide, but I wanted to make sure with someone who has already tested this features.
By the way Julien, do you know the steps for integrating documentum with LDAP? I am working on this, but facing a lot's of problems that are not mentioned in install or adim guide. If you have any useful link or documetn, can you please send it to me.
Hi Imran,
I did not test and I assumed it.
For the integration steps refer to the following link
https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-7495