Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Document Refiling
GlenW
I am in the process of writing an application to allow the user to migrate a matter from one client to another (one of our clients is reorganizing). As part of the process, I need to do some workspace changes as well:
1. Change the Workspace name to reflect the new client/matter number,
2. Change the workspace profile information to reflect the new client/matter number,
3. Refile all the documents in that workspace to reflect the new client/matter number.
Question 1: How do I change the c/m# info in the workspace profile?
Question 2: I am iterating through the contents of each folder in the workspace and then iterating through each document in each folder. How do I refile the document? I requires a profile and security object. Where do I get these? From the workspace? From the document?
If someone could provide a couple of snippets, that would be a tremendous help! We're on a very tight schedule and I need to get this working in the next 2-3 days.
Sincerely,
Glen Wolinsky
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jny
Use Workspace.Profile.SetAttributeValueByID to rename the workspace profile name.
Like so: ws.Profile.SetAttributeByID imProfileName, srcWS.Name.
You should be able to call IManDocument.Refile(Workspace.Profile, Workspace.Security) for the document to have the same metadata and security as the workspace. Please note that the current user must have fullaccess to the document.