Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Unassigned tasks and my tasks
nipper
In 5.5, when a user looked at my tasks, it showed anything assigned to that person as well as
any unassigned group tasks they were eligible to work on.
Now in 6.5 one needs to go to unassigned group tasks to view those.
Why were these separated ? My users certainly hate this change.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jbonifaci
I agree that this is less friendly than things were in previous releases. It is very confusing to users, especially those used to working with an older version for many years. I'm not sure who designed the new UI, but I think this aspect of it is less flexible, not more.
DJ_At_Work
I agree. My users have expressed their frustration and confusion on this.
-Drew
Adam Stoller
I've actually seen both arguments for and against this.
For the people who don't like having to switch views - just do View All Tasks - and sort the list.
Some people like it because it allows them to look through a pool of tasks up-for-grabs and if someone takes it - it goes away (well, not automatically, but after a refresh) so it's easy to tell at a glance how much work is piling up for someone to take ownership of.
Once they've grabbed it - they go back to the view of their tasks and work on it (if you grab more than one at a time - this methodology works fairly nicely. Going one-by-one it's a bit tedious)
I suppose what's needed is a View My and Unassigned Tasks -- perhaps a feature request is in order?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
nipper
For the people who don't like having to switch views - just do View All Tasks - and sort the list.
Authors cannot do this.
When you have a ton of users (and hundreds of jobs active at one time) this is not practical anyway.
I understand this is a feature request, but one would think that if IWOV changes functionality, they
would have asked customers and gotten feedback that this is a good thing. From our point of view
it certainly is not.
I would love to hear IWOV's response to this. It is certainly one of the feature changes in 6.X that our
users hate. Kevin/Lissa/Sunil ?
Andy
smenon
One of the reasons that this change was made was because we heard from some customers the need to separate the "My Tasks" view and the "Group Tasks" view because it was confusing their users. While you now have to switch between two views, we felt that it is a much cleaner separation of the Task views. From this thread it seems like there are users who don't like the new views in spite of the cleaner categorization. Could you please file a FR and as ghoti points out, the answer to this might be a "View My Tasks and Unassigned Tasks" option?
thanks
--Sunil Menon
Sr. Product Manager
Interwoven, Inc.
nipper
Well, I will fill out a FR. But my current implementation and another one I work for at times, hates this
new behaviour. The second organization is still on 5.5.2 and this is yet another reason they will
delay moving.
nipper
FR 61948