Invalid alias set index

fainemr
edited January 31, 2013 in Documentum #1

Just started getting this issue when attaching or promoting documents today.  Anybody have any idea what is going on here?  I haven't been able to find anything in the docs (as usual):

"Invalid alias set index 00002 of policy 46024d0780017d0b specified."

DfException:: THREAD: http-443-5; MSG: [DM_POLICY_E_INVALID_ALIAS_SET_INDEX]error:  "Invalid alias set index 00002 of policy 46024d0780017d0b specified."; ERRORCODE: 100; NEXT: null

Best Answer

• DCTM_Guru
    edited January 31, 2013 #2 Answer ✓

Thats how we assigned alias set as well (via TBO).  In this situation, you dont need to associate alias to lifecycle or any other objects (groups, users, types).  These associations are there in case you want CS to "figure" out which one to use.

Answers

• sanjeev6282
    edited January 29, 2013 #3

The discription for the error code: DM_POLICY_E_INVALID_ALIAS_SET_INDEX is as below:

Cannot find the alias set with the given name. This may happen when fetching an alias set group by name during save, or destroy.

It should help to revisit your code.

• dnvhariprasad
    edited January 29, 2013 #4

dump the policy object and all alias sets defined in each state (if any)

• fainemr
    edited January 31, 2013 #5

CORRECTED: (don't know what I was thinking before)

Removed my TBOs and it is still happening.  Must be someting with the actual lifecycle since I can find nothing in the code and the code isnt' even active and it still results in same error.  It would help if I knew exactly what was meant by

"Invalid alias set index 00002..."

In this case, 00002 is the alias set name, it is not an index.  It is one of the alias sets defined in the policy.

I don't see what that has to do with an index.  The 00002 alias set is the second alias set in the list of alias sets for the lifecycle under General Information (in Composer project).  The other is 00001 (obviously) and I can apply the lifecylce to objects that have the 00001 alias set just fine.

• DCTM_Guru
    edited January 30, 2013 #6

Do you need to have alias set defined for the policy?  On a past project, we assigned alias set based on atribute value (eg dept).

• fainemr
    edited January 31, 2013 #7

In my TBO I set the alias set for every single object when the document is saved.  I determine which alias set it should be based on the location of the document. (first parent folder to share a name with an existing alias set wins)

I will try removing the references to them from the lifecycle today to see if that helps.

• DCTM_Guru
    edited January 31, 2013 #8 Answer ✓

Thats how we assigned alias set as well (via TBO).  In this situation, you dont need to associate alias to lifecycle or any other objects (groups, users, types).  These associations are there in case you want CS to "figure" out which one to use.

• fainemr
    edited January 31, 2013 #9

This seems to be helping, though I'm not quite out of the woods just yet.  At least I'm gettnig a different error now.  As a bonus, I noticed that when you apply a lifecycle manually in Webtop the alias set is no longer selectable, probably a good thing. 

In your code, when you apply a lifecycle in a TBO where do you do it.  In doSave, or doCheckin

Also, I need for it to automatically be applied when a document is created or imported and my doSave is wrapped in a transaction so I keep having transaction isues.  Even though it should be committed I often get a message directing me to save or revert changes before applying the lifecycle.  Just looking for a bullet-proof, always-works way to do this.

• DCTM_Guru
    edited January 31, 2013 #10

Both.  Since our alias assignment was based on dept attribute, the security could change if they change the attribute value (doSave).  doSave is not called explicitly if you checkin as new version, so we put the same logic in doCheckin.

We didnt have to worry about transaction, so I cant you there.