Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Schedule content
hprider
Hello,
We are evaluating various CMS products and I need to know if it is possible to schedule the changing of content in a particular piece of content.
For instance, if I have a bullet points on the home page and I want to have the first bullet point show "a b c" content until 12/14 and then show "x y z" content until 12/24, then revert back to "a b c" for good, does LiveSite or TeamSite support this functionality? I want to program it in advance rather than go in each time to change it and I want the scheduled change to affect only that particular bullet point, not the entire page.
Thanks,
Howard
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
Provided enough time and money, you can write anything.
That being said, this is dependent on your production environment. What do you display websites with ? If you use an app server or something like php, then this is trivial & TS can easily feed it.
If you have a completely static site, plain HTML pages, TS and LS can be used to make this work, though the level of effort will be a little greater.
So yes you can, but it is hard to guage the level of effort without more details of what you are running.
HTH
Andy
mstradling
If your running flat file one option is to build a scheduled deployment tool.
Basically the editor create a version of the page for deployment at 8am, submits to staging and schedules to deploy at 8am. In the background the tool cuts an edition of the branch and stors a reference to the version of the file in that edition. The editor then creates the 12pm version of the file, submits and schedules. Scheduler tool cuts a new edition and stores a reference to the version of the file in that edition.
I belive later versions of OpenDeploy have a built in GUI and scheduling system, but it's horrid. We wrote our own Perl scheduling interface as a custom menu item, creating crontab entries for the scheduling, executing command line calls to OpenDeploy when they ran.