TeamSite 6.5 SP1
Windows 2003
I have added my own log4j log configuration file for some Java code I have added to the customer toolkit. The log4j configuration file contains:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE log4j:configuration SYSTEM "log4j.dtd">
<log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j="
http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/" debug="false">
<!-- Define Appenders here -->
<appender name="CUSTOMER_DEBUG" class="org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender">
<param name="File" value="${log100.iwlogs}/iwui/customer_debug.log"/>
<param name="MaxFileSize" value="1MB"/>
<param name="MaxBackupIndex" value="2"/>
<layout class="org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout">
<param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d %-5p %c (%x) - %m%n"/>
</layout>
</appender>
<appender name="CUSTOMER_DEFAULT" class="org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender">
<param name="File" value="${log100.iwlogs}/iwui/customer.log"/>
<param name="MaxFileSize" value="1MB"/>
<param name="MaxBackupIndex" value="2"/>
<param name="Threshold" value="WARN"/>
<layout class="org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout">
<param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d %-5p %c (%x) - %m%n"/>
</layout>
</appender>
<!-- Define Loggers here -->
<!-- Uncomment to get debug information
<logger name="com.dupont.teamsite.util" additivity="true">
<level value="debug"/>
<appender-ref ref="CUSTOMER_DEBUG"/>
</logger>
-->
<root>
<level value="debug"/>
<appender-ref ref="CUSTOMER_DEFAULT"/>
</root>
</log4j:configuration>
When I issue make_toolkit after adding this file to customer_src/etc/conf, the following messages appear multiple times in the servletd_out.log file:
log4j:ERROR Parsing error on line 5 and column 36
log4j:ERROR Document root element "log4j:configuration", must match DOCTYPE root "null".
I have checked and this file gets properly copied into the same location within the httpd/webapps/content_center/WEB-INF/conf/customer directory that it does for other sections, i.e. ccpro, etc.
What appears to be happening is that the DTD is not being located properly. We have had a support case open for 3 months now to solve this issue without much progress or success. This behavior has been duplicated on 6.1, Solaris and Linux.
Anyone have any ideas on what to try?