Hi,
I would like to know if WCM is still part of D7 product. I understand there are several changes in the D7 architecture and I dont see WCM, Webpublisher SCS in the product list
Help much appreciated!
Regards,
Prashanth
I think the WebPublisher stack was to be discontinued after 6.x and that EMC "recommended" to migrate to FatWire. after Fatwire's adquisition by Oracle EMC released a couple of SP for Webpublisher, basically to address expiring certificates in Java Applets. I don't think there's a v7 in the roadmap...
Agree with Alvaro as WCM has moved on to other products. There was a partnership announced with someone else after the Oracle purchase of Fatwire but I am forgetting the name. (SDL - thanks for the reminder guys)
One thing, would expect SCS to stay around. Lots of people use it to publish documents out to other systems - not just as part of the WCM products.
Dave
SDL is now the preferred partner for WCM for Documentum. There is no plans for WCM in D7. However, I havent heard anything that says that D7 will not support for digital media (images, video, etc) in later SP.
EMC | Documentum announced a partnership with SDL Tridion and recommended their Web Publisher customers migrate to that platform. http://www.emc.com/enterprise-content-management/sdl-tridion.htm