How to create a virtual document in D2 4.0

MJVillalobos
edited September 5, 2014 in Documentum #1

How do I create a virtual document in D2 4.0?

Furthermore, what does it look like to have a virtual document inside another virtual document in D2?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Julien.Fontaine
    edited February 26, 2013 #2 Answer ✓

Hello MJV,

D2 4.0 doesn't support virtual document... this is for the 4.1.

If you want to try VD with D2, you have to use the D2 3.1. In D2 3.1, you have a special Frame called VD Manager to help you manage your VD. You can add document or VD inside your VD. I don't remember the maximum depth of your VD.

With D2, you also have special features to import VD Structure. For example, you can import a couple of folder and sub folders with document and D2 transforms Folder in VD.

Please let me know if you have additional question.

Answers

• mpraditt
    edited February 25, 2013 #3

Hi there! I'm going to move your post over to the Documentum community, hoping to get an answer to your question! Check out the Documentum D2 page: https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-14422 for somer resources while you wait for a response.

• Julien.Fontaine
    edited February 26, 2013 #4 Answer ✓

Hello MJV,

D2 4.0 doesn't support virtual document... this is for the 4.1.

If you want to try VD with D2, you have to use the D2 3.1. In D2 3.1, you have a special Frame called VD Manager to help you manage your VD. You can add document or VD inside your VD. I don't remember the maximum depth of your VD.

With D2, you also have special features to import VD Structure. For example, you can import a couple of folder and sub folders with document and D2 transforms Folder in VD.

Please let me know if you have additional question.

• Mayur_shivs
    edited September 5, 2014 #5

Hi  Please Can you elaborate on configuring virtual documents in D2 4.2 , i also need to add snapshot functionality so please also let me its respective configuration in D2 4.2 . Regards Mayur