Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Could not find matching OpenDeploy client
System
Hi
I was writing a simple file deployment from a host to a client machine by
installing OD base server 6.0 in the host machine and OB receiver in the receiver machine
however i was getting this error message "Could not find matching OpenDeploy client".
Can someone pls advise?
Is there a need to to configure the settings in the receiver machine as well?
Below is some of the extraction of the config files in the base server
odservers.cfg
---------------
<node name="client" host="client" port="9173" hubRoot="" targetArea="" comment=""/>
<node name="host" host="host" port="9173" hubRoot="" targetArea="" comment=""/>
odnodes.cfg
---------------
<node name="host"
host="host"
port="20014"
/>
<node name="client"
host="client"
port="20014"
/>
odbase.cfg
---------------
<allowedHosts>
<node host="host">
<allowedDirectories>
<path name="D:\deploy"/>
</allowedDirectories>
</node>
<node host="client">
<allowedDirectories>
<path name="D:\deploy"/>
</allowedDirectories>
</node>
</allowedHosts>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I cannot tell from your posting whether you've purposfully "genericized" the data in your config files - but taking them at face-value ....:
odnodes.
xml
(
on Base Server only
)
---------------
<node name="host" host="
real-hostname-or-ip-address
" port="20014"/>
<node name="client" host="
real-hostname-or-ip-address
" port="20014"/>
odbase.
xml
(
on Base Server only
---------------
<allowedHosts>
<node host="host">
<allowedDirectories>
<path name="D:\deploy"/>
</allowedDirectories>
</node>
<!--
below only needed for reverse-deployment
-->
<node host="client">
<allowedDirectories>
<path name="D:\deploy"/>
</allowedDirectories>
</node>
</allowedHosts>
odrcvr.xml
(
on Receiver only
)
---------------
<allowedHosts>
<node host="host">
<allowedDirectories>
<path name="D:\deploy"/>
</allowedDirectories>
</node>
</allowedHosts>
After making sure the configuration files are correct - restart the OD servers --
both
of them:
C:\>
net stop iwod60
wait ...
C:\>
net start iwod60
wait ...
Then try your deployment again. If it still doesn't work - we'd need to see how you define the
<localNode>
section in both your
odbase.xml
and
deployment
.xml
files.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
ExternalScript.zip
Herman
odnodes.xml only on base server(the teather say it to me)
but I installed OD6.0.1 receiver,I also found the odnodes.xml
Adam Stoller
I believe odnodes.xml gets installed on both Sender and Receiver nodes - but I'm pretty sure it's only used on the sender node (perhaps it's used on the receiver node for reverse deployments? where the receiver acts as-if it were a sender?)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com