Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
browse for a file
Paul
I am looking to do something new. We're using TeamSite 6.1 in a Windows environment. I would like to start a workflow in the "normal" way by selecting an html file and selecting "New Job" from the drop down menu. What I want this workflow to do is to deploy that file through to production and THEN continue on to deploy a DCR to a database with the cirteria to show the page that was just deployed. I was thinking that I would need to have a way to browse for the DCR on the workflow creation screen. I can't think of another way to attach both a file and a DCRto the workflow and have it work properly. Any thoughts?
Paul
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
you can write an external task that would attach a DCR to the workflow.. if you do know the rules for attachment of this particular DCR. This is especially easy if the DCR is the origin for the html file.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Paul
What I am trying now is trying to grab the Extended attribute for source which should be the DCR right? I am trying to do the following:
$extattr = "iwextattr -g /relationships/source $file_path";
and I am not getting what I expect. I am missing something here I know. Can I grab the extended attributes here the way I am doing? Please help.
JonathonG
I think you're looking for:
TeamSite/Templating/PrimaryDCR
as the extended attribute name of the source DCR. Not sure what "/relationships/source" is.
Jonathon
Interwoven Developer
Allstate, Inc.
Paul
I got that code from the CLT documentation on page 90
>iwextattr -l Y:\default\main\dev\WORKAREA\andre\products\index.html
returns a list of all the attributes on products\index.html, for example:
/relationships/source=products.doc
/relationships/links/outbound=/test.html;/mktg/index.html;/eng/index.html
/description/keywords=marketing,software,enterprise
/description/description=Overview of our suite of examples
/description/launch_date=March 19th, 1999
/description/expire_date=May 21st, 1999
/description/language=English
/description/contributors=Bob, Jerry, Phil
/description/audience=Marketing
>iwextattr -g /description/language
Y:\default\main\dev\WORKAREA\andre\products\index.html
returns the value of the /description/language attribute on products\index.html, for
example:
English
JonathonG
Ok, sounds like this isn't a templating-generated file. In which case, the problem is probably that you're not specifying the full path to the iwextattr command in your wft. Instead of "iwextattr ..." it should be "$iw-home/bin/iwextattr ..." Of course, $iw-home needs to contain the path to your iw-home directory.
Jonathon
Interwoven Developer
Allstate, Inc.
Adam Stoller
Yikes - file a doc bug.
While it is possible to create EAs that begin with /relationships - it is NOT something that comes OOTB and NOT the standard as far as I know.
Generally you have:
/TeamSite/Templating/... -- which are IWOV-spcific templating EAs (and as mentioned, can be used to trace back from a generated file to it's source DCR), and
/TeamSite/Metadata/... -- which is generally how metadata captured via the Set Metadata form are stored
There is nothing preventing you from creating EAs with different path structures - but the above two are the OOTB path structures that exist (possibly TeamXML used a different structure? perhaps VisualAnnotate uses one too?)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Paul
doh! You're right
This works...
$extattr = `E:/iw-home/bin/iwextattr.exe -g TeamSite/Templating/PrimaryDCR $file_path`;