Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
searchcustom attributes lookup overflow problem
System
Hi,
I have a VB application that scans and stores images into Worksite. The app uses it's own forms to complete the profiling of the items into Worksite.
I am trying to perform a lookup on a custom attribute field that contains over 200,00 entries. With the database maxsearchresults set to 2000, it's impossible to get the searchcustomattributes() to return a value that is greater than 2000 rows into the list. if I set the database maxsearchrows to 200,000 the list lookup takes over 60 seconds to complete.
I need to be able to:
1. Limit the results retrieved by the lookup to just all those client's starting with "ZA" or "ZB".
2. The api call will not let me do this unless I have the maxsearchresults = 200,000 which is clearly unworkable.
3. I can't post filter rthe results as this takes too long with 200,000 entries in the full list, and if maxsearchrows is set to 2000, then I never get the result to filter in the first place anywya.
4. The overflow boolean never gets set by the API call, even when it has clearly overflowed. This must be a bug.
The searchcustomattributes() works okay if you have a small number of custom attribute valyes. But once you have over 2000 values in teh list, it just doesn't work proeprly.
Is there
a. a patch to fix this api call?
b. some other methods of searching for custom attribute values? which will work when you have 200,000 custom attribute values?
Regards Mike Kirkby
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jny
Are you declaring the overflow flag as Boolean or Variant (or object if it's in .Net)? If it's the former, it won't return the correct value; it needs to be declared as the latter, i.e., Variant or Object (in VB.Net/C#). If the latter is returning the incorrect result, then it's a bug. You may report it via our support site.
[VB]
Dim over As Variant
Dim startWith As Boolean
sClientToSearch = "ZA" ' (ex: "ZB10001")
startWith = True
Set cust1Results = sess.PreferredDatabase.SearchCustomAttributes(sClientToSearch, nrCustom1, nrSearchBoth, startWith, over)
' This call should return all values beginning w/ "ZA", e.g., "ZA1000", "ZABCDE", "ZA2000", etc.
dmdejong
Does this apply to the 8.0 (8.0.207) iManage DLL as well?
jny
The IMan API does not have an overflow flag argument in its method.