Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Workflow Disabling Error
Antharix
Hello,
I have a requirement of disabling a workflow for specific category/datatype that resides in a branch containing many other peer datatypes.
Also the workflow needs to made available to all other datatypes in that branch including those in sub-branches.
I tried with the following configuration but have not been successful.
<template_file name='G1 Workflow' path='test/G1_Workflow.wft'>
<command_list>
<command value='tt_data' />
<command value='new_job' />
<command value='submit' />
<command value='all' include='no' />
</command_list>
<branch_list>
<branch value="/abc/ca/*/pal1/*" include="no" />
<branch value="/abc/ca/*/pal2/*" include="no" />
<branch value="/abc/ca/" include="yes" />
</branch_list>
</template_file>
Please Advice.
I am working on TS6.1 sp1 installed on Solaris 8 platform.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
If you search the forums, you'll find that tt_data (the 'command' used to fire off a workflow from saving/closing an Edit DCR session) only provides branch-level information to the workflow system - and thus cannot be constrained by category/datatype ('new_job' and 'submit' generally *do* provide full area-path information though, and so *can* be so constrained).
There are a number of possible work-arounds but I believe they're all, at least slightly, convoluted and complex - essentially taking over the responsiblities of the workflow subsystem in order to offer a [refined] choice of options to the user - and then invoking the selected choice "as-if" it had been invoked in the first place. (you might find more details by searching the forums, but I'm not positive how much detail was ever posted)
I *think* the controls for doing this in 6.7 may finally be "fixed" so that all situations provide the full area-path instead of just the branch-path - but that's guesswork right now (haven't had a chance to verify it at all) - so you should still probably file a feature request with support if this is truly a requirement for you.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com