Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
iwidmap changes not reflected in GUI?
System
TS 6.1 SP2 on Windows 2000
I followed the details of Tech Article 49980, Scenario 3 for moving a backing store from one server to another...namely:
Run the following command:
iwidmap -u -x c:\store.idmap c:\iw-store\default
Edit the file and change the ID and Name elements where needed.
Then run:
iwidmap -u -a -I c:\store.idmap c:\iw-store\default
Then two iwstoreadm commands need to be ran in the following sequence to activate the new backing store.
iwstoreadm -d default
iwstoreadm -a default
I've even rebooted the server for good measure...
if I navigate through the Y:\ drive, all NTFS permissions seemed to have translated correctly, all the groups listed for permission are those of the new local server, no longer the old local server...
if I navigate through the GUI and look at permissions on workareas, et al, they show the SIDs of the old server...
again, the server has been rebooted, and I've done a million (ok, not literally, but feels like it!) iwreset -a and iwreset -ui calls...nothing changes in the GUI...
if I do a fresh "iwidmap -u -x" to export the current information, there are NO references to the old users or SIDs, everything is correct as it should be...
any words of wisdom??
thanks,
-Rori
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
nevermind...
another case of incomplete Interwoven documentation!
the directions I followed and posted in the previous post came from support note/article 49980...seemed to be valid/complete since all the groups appear in the users file along with all the users....however, tech article 49549 (
http://devnet.interwoven.com/site.fcgi/techlib/049549
) explains why groups appear in the user file, and goes on to say that groups have to be updated in BOTH the user and group files...
just posting this in case anyone else takes the support note 49980 as complete and wonders why it didn't work as expected...
I'm sure it's viewed as a "newbie mistake" to actually think the documentation/support article would be fully accurate/complete, but I prefer to think of myself as optimistic LOL
Lissa, or someone else from Interwoven, maybe 49980 should be updated?
-Rori
base64data.zip
Migrateduser
Hello,
Thank you for letting us know about the incomplete article and helping us improve the knowledge base. Scenario 3 in the article is now updated with the following information:
"Note that groups have to be updated in BOTH the user and group files. See KB 49549 for more information."
Thanks for your continued feedback,
Heather Simon
Interwoven Technical Support