Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
testing concurrency management
howie
Howdy All-
I am looking for some help testing the concurrency management function of OD 6.0.1.
I have a couple of deployments that update the same target area that I run one after the other from the command line. I put a simple DNR that sleeps for 30 sec on the first deploy. The second has a 10 sec delay.
When I view the deployments in the admin, the second deploy always finishes first. I expected it to block on the completion of the first deployment. I have pathRegistryChecking="yes" set so I believe things should be set up.
Does anyone know the point where OD actually locks the target area? Is it for the entire deployment, or just on the transfer operations? Perhaps I need to put my delay closer to the transfer to insure that OD is locking the area?
thanks,
Howie
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Ultimately, this feature is supposed to ensure that two deployments updating a target area don't collide. That implies all temporary files from the first deployment are cleaned up before the second deployment is allowed to proceed.
Perhaps the DNR trigger point you're using comes after cleanup. Or possibly there's an issue when using this feature in conjunction with DNRs (would be first I've heard of it, though.)
I recommend doing a few tests to determine if there may be a problem. If so, then please open a case with Tech Support who can work with Engineering to resolve.
Todd Scallan
Sr. Dir. Product Mgt.
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com