Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
iw-webd error
System
Hi,
Recently our security team applied security patch on all our environments. We are on Win2K3, TS 6.5. No issues in QA, Prod environments which are on enterprise edition. Whereas our development server is on standard edition, workflows are not moving forward. Behavior is inconsistant. Different error alert messages pops up when I invoke workflow. If I keep click "OK" to all alerts, workflow starts, but randomly hangs at external tasks. Same workflows works just fine in QA, Prod. We rolled back patch in Dev. It did not help.
In iw-webd error.log, its throwing error messages like "could not connect to iwserver" "unknown proxy error". These started after patch application. When I run hung workflow external tasks from commandline I am getting "could not connect to iwserver" message. Templates works just fine. iwserver, iwjob, iwevents, iwtrace logs looks normal.
Any debugging help is apprecited.
Thanks,
Krishna.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pranav
Hi krishna ,
Run iwproxy in debug mode(from DOS prompt) .Adn see that if proxy is showing some error or not .
If there is some where please post it here.
-Pranav
Migrateduser
Hi Pranav,
I believe I tried iwproxy -d. Do I need to specify anymore commandline switches? I am at home, don't have access to server. I will post the results in an hour.
Thanks,
Krishna.
pranav
Hi Krishna,
No problem if you are at home.But try this when you are at work.Few more things you can try are ::
1>> Check iw-mount inside IIS(Is it running fine).
2
> Investigate trace.log for further log details, post here if you get something new about the error.
3>> Which teamsite services are up or down ??
-Pranav
Migrateduser
Here is iwproxy -d results
F:\>iwproxy -d
[Using tickets for authentication]
[Using newfangled blobs]
[iwproxy] iwserver locale: English_UnitedStates.MS1252@Binary
[iwproxy] max_connections (default): 100
regex pattern set: ^/iw-mount/default/main/IIG/Product_Scripts/.*/includes/zz_tst_[^_]+_[^_]_(.*)
\.css(\?.*)?$
regex pattern set: ^/iw-mount/default/main/IIG/Product_Scripts/.*/includes/(.*)\.css(\?.*)?$
regex pattern set: ^/iw-mount/default/main/IIG/Product_Scripts/.*/includes/zz_tst_[^_]+_[^_]_(.*)
\.gif(\?.*)?$
regex pattern set: ^/iw-mount/default/main/IIG/Product_Scripts/.*/includes/(.*)\.gif(\?.*)?$
regex pattern set: ^/iw-mount/default/main/IIG/Product_Scripts/WORKAREA/Closes_and_Sales_Ideas/(.
*)
regex pattern set: ^/iw-mount/default/main/IIG/Product_Scripts/WORKAREA/In-Force_CST_Procedures/(
.*)
regex pattern set: ^/iw-mount/default/main/IIG/Product_Scripts/WORKAREA/In-Force_CST_QA/(.*)
regex pattern set: ^/iw-mount/default/main/IIG/Product_Scripts/WORKAREA/Index_Pages/(.*)
regex pattern set: ^/iw-mount/default/main/IIG/Product_Scripts/WORKAREA/Miscellaneous/(.*)
regex pattern set: ^/iw-mount/default/main/IIG/Product_Scripts/WORKAREA/Objections/(.*)
regex pattern set: ^/iw-mount/default/main/IIG/Product_Scripts/WORKAREA/Rider/(.*)
regex pattern set: ^/iw-mount/default/main/IIG/Product_Scripts/WORKAREA/Sell/(.*)
regex pattern set: ^/iw-mount/default/main/IIG/Product_Scripts/WORKAREA/Sell_and_Tell/(.*)
regex pattern set: ^/iw-mount/default/main/IIG/Product_Scripts/WORKAREA/Tag_Lines/(.*)
regex pattern set: ^/iw-mount/default/main/IIG/Product_Scripts/WORKAREA/ProductScripts_Documents/
(.*)
[iwproxy] using iwproxy_host from iw.cfg: localhost
[iwproxy] listening at
http://localhost:1080
[iwproxy] using customer web server at
http://myhost:81
[iwproxy] using servlet engine at
http://localhost:8080/iw-cc
[iwproxy] using iwwebd at
http://myhost:80
[external remap configuration]
[name not set]
key: 0
docroot: [no docroot specified]
[local remap configuration]
/
key: 0
docroot: [no docroot specified]
/default/main/IIG
key: 3
docroot: /Content
^C
F:\>
I checked all Interwoven services are up and I can browse iw-mount directory structure under IIS. Here are iw-webd error.log messages
[Sat Aug 20 16:43:32 2005] [error] [client 172.25.20.139] (10048)Unknown error: proxy connect to 127.0.0.1 port 1080 failed
[Sat Aug 20 16:43:35 2005] [error] [client 172.25.20.139] Could not connect to IWSERVER\n
[Sat Aug 20 16:44:30 2005] [error] [client 172.25.20.139] Could not connect to IWSERVER\n
[Tue Aug 23 08:46:05 2005] [error] [client 172.25.20.192] Could not connect to IWSERVER\n
[Tue Aug 23 15:30:44 2005] [error] [client 172.25.20.88] (10048)Unknown error: proxy connect to 127.0.0.1 port 8080 failed
[Tue Aug 23 15:35:17 2005] [error] [client 172.25.20.88] Could not connect to IWSERVER\n
[Tue Aug 23 15:54:27 2005] [warn] module headers_module is already loaded, skipping
[Tue Aug 23 16:02:52 2005] [error] [client 172.25.20.192] Error parsing version path: Y:/default/main/IIG/STAGING\n
[Tue Aug 23 16:41:58 2005] [error] [client 172.25.20.88] Could not connect to IWSERVER\n
[Tue Aug 23 21:01:10 2005] [warn] module headers_module is already loaded, skipping
Help is appreciated.
thanks,
Krishna
ccprofessional
I would recommend opening a support ticket, if you have not already
Migrateduser
Actually I did, thought of posting here too to see if some one faced this problem in the past and has any debugging thoughts. I will post the out come here too.
Thanks,
Krishna.
pranav
Hi Krishna,
[Sat Aug 20 16:43:32 2005] [error] [client 172.25.20.139] (10048)Unknown error: proxy connect to 127.0.0.1 port 1080 failed
[Sat Aug 20 16:43:35 2005] [error] [client 172.25.20.139] Could not connect to IWSERVER\n
[Sat Aug 20 16:44:30 2005] [error] [client 172.25.20.139] Could not connect to IWSERVER\n
[Tue Aug 23 08:46:05 2005] [error] [client 172.25.20.192] Could not connect to IWSERVER\n
[Tue Aug 23 15:30:44 2005] [error] [client 172.25.20.88] (10048)Unknown error: proxy connect to 127.0.0.1 port 8080 failed
[Tue Aug 23 15:35:17 2005] [error] [client 172.25.20.88] Could not connect to IWSERVER\n
[Tue Aug 23 15:54:27 2005] [warn] module headers_module is already loaded, skipping
[Tue Aug 23 16:02:52 2005] [error] [client 172.25.20.192] Error parsing version path: Y:/default/main/IIG/STAGING\n
[Tue Aug 23 16:41:58 2005] [error] [client 172.25.20.88] Could not connect to IWSERVER\n
[Tue Aug 23 21:01:10 2005] [warn] module headers_module is already loaded, skipping
Log file says that your ports are busy.
Try this
first do
iwreset -ui
and then
iwreset -a
Do let me know the results.
-Pranav
Migrateduser
hi krishna,
i trust, the virtualization is not properly configured.
get back your config file and check the iwserver properties.
if any confusion, attach your iw.cfg with the post.
~Rishi Gupta
Worksite MP 4.1 Sp1 HFB4 @ Linux
Migrateduser
Thank you all for help in this regard.
Looks like search was causing trouble in our case. I saw 2 java.exe processes, multiple searchagent processes. It was taking up lot of CPU/Memory resources. I bounced the serach services, CPU/Memory usage drastically camedown. iwserver connectivity problems disappeared. We rebooted system befoe many times, but stopping search services alone fixed it.
IWOV support also suggested implementing following relavent KB articles. I am in the process of checking and applying these, just in case if this is the problem.
https://support.interwoven.com/kb/kb_show_article2.asp?ArticleID=48721
https://support.interwoven.com/kb/kb_show_article2.asp?ArticleID=53764
Thanks again all,
Krishna.