Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
remove menu items per role
nipper
So the latest UI customization guide says you cannot remove specific menu items based on role, like you could in 5.X. Any changes to this ? Is this functionality planned ?
Andy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
what do you need to achieve? I could add this restrictions in roles_custom.xml, while configuring custom menu items. Is this what you want?
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
nipper
hmmm, I will try it,
so if I put <link id="iw.ccpro.action_menu.generate.link"> as a restricted from author, then it will not show up ? I got the impression that the roles_custom was only for custom menu items and not base TS items.
gzevin
as I said, I've tried for the new items with success.. but I think it *should* overload the existing functionality as well... Why don't you give it a go?
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
nipper
Why don't you give it a go
Cause I like to have you do my work for me ?
gzevin
you definitely meant *for free*?
Otherwise I'll be glad to do your work, for a modest fee. .. say $100 p.h.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
patrickm
It would be great to be able to restrict according to user or TeamSite Group (in addition to role).
Adam Stoller
I believe I posted about this a while (year or so?) ago - in order to place role-restrictions on OOTB menu items you need to remove the OOTB menu item (iwov-delete) then add it back in with an operationID attribute in the ui_custom.xml file (because IWOV didn't bother to provide those OOTB) and then you can use the operationID information in the roles_custom.xml file to restrict the access to those menu items.
Note - by doing this you lose all context-sensitive enabling/disabling of the menu items (like if the menu item normally is disabled when viewing editions - it now will be enabled)
Frankly, I think IWOV should supply operationID values for the OOTB menu items so that they can be role-restricted without all these shenanigans (haven't tried playing with this in the 6.7 beta yet - but my guess would be that it's pretty much unchanged)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com