How can I delete a replication job.

kguillemette
edited July 9, 2013 in Documentum #1

I cannot delete a replication job I created earlier.  Delete does not show up as an action to perform.  How do I delete it?

I am running Documentum 6.5 sp3 on Windows 2003 server.

I was able to delete multiple other replication jobs I created but for some reason the last three still remain.

Best Answer

• PanosK
    edited July 8, 2013 #2 Answer ✓

Safely removing a job with DQL:

update dm_job(all) object set r_immutable_flag=0, set r_lock_date=date('nulldate'), set r_lock_machine='', set r_lock_owner='' where object_name = 'my_job_name'
    go
    update dm_job(all) object set is_inactive=1 where object_name = 'my_job_name'
    go
    delete dm_job(all) object where object_name = 'my_job_name'
    go

you first have to unlock them, make them inactive and then remove all versions for good.

Panos

Answers

• avksd
    edited July 7, 2013 #3

I assume that you are trying to delete the job that you have created(custom) and not the Documentum provided replication job.

May I know the steps you are following to delete the job ??

Instead of deleting the job - one way is just to make the job inactive.

• Julien.Fontaine
    edited July 8, 2013 #4

Did you try delete this job directly via API or DQL ?

• kguillemette
    edited July 8, 2013 #5

I would like to but I don’t know the selection criteria for DQL. I don’t see the object_id for this in properties.

• kguillemette
    edited July 8, 2013 #6

The job is already inactive…I am looking to clean up a few things and I want to delete them. There is no r_object_id that I can find associated with the job so I don’t know how to code DCL to remove it.

• PanosK
    edited July 8, 2013 #7 Answer ✓

Safely removing a job with DQL:

update dm_job(all) object set r_immutable_flag=0, set r_lock_date=date('nulldate'), set r_lock_machine='', set r_lock_owner='' where object_name = 'my_job_name'
    go
    update dm_job(all) object set is_inactive=1 where object_name = 'my_job_name'
    go
    delete dm_job(all) object where object_name = 'my_job_name'
    go

you first have to unlock them, make them inactive and then remove all versions for good.

Panos

• kguillemette
    edited July 8, 2013 #8

First two updates appeared to work but the third delete statement is failing…

• kguillemette
    edited July 8, 2013 #9

I finally got by the issue after I adjusted the associated ACL for the job. Thanks for your help.

• Julien.Fontaine
    edited July 9, 2013 #10

Good news . If your problem is solved, please mark the thread as answered.