Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Websphere and Content Preview
dazzlad
Hello People,
I am working on previewing XML DCR content rendered by IBM Websphere.
I have set up a TPL that maps DCR filenames to Websphere portal Urls, also, the Websphere developers have set up a system where as we can inject a preview parameter into portal URL's which causes the portal to use the TeamSite backing store as it's file system.
The stumbling block is authentication, I am not a Websphere developer, so I may be over complicating this whole issue which is why I am posting here for suggestions.
I started out with an CGI that would post login information to the portal using Perl LWP, after authentication it would then request a portal page, and use regular expressions to parse the returned html so that all assets (images, js) are also requested via this CGI.
The concern here is performance. This solution is slow for a single user and i doubt performance would be acceptable for 50+ users.
My only idea was to develop some sort of http proxy that maintains an Websphere session by polling the portal server. when this proxy recieved http requests, it would create a new thread and hand it the session context.
Does anyone know of a commercial/open source product that does the above (or at least a good starting point). Also, am i over complicating things.
Is there a simple way around this.
Many thanks for taking the time to read this lengthy post.
Darren.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
ccprofessional
I am not quite sure what you mean by:
>> previewing XML DCR content rendered by IBM Websphere
Are you trying to preview a generated page in Websphere? Or are you trying to view the portal page from within TS preview?
Have you considered CSSDK?
dazzlad
Hi
>> previewing XML DCR content rendered by IBM Websphere
Websphere portlets are rendering XML DCR's.
If I inject ?preview=1 into the portal URL, websphere will use a samba mount to a Teamsite workarea to read these XML files.
This happens upon preview *not* generate.
Can you point me at anything specific with CSSDK
Many Thanks.
Darren.
ccprofessional
I have seen similar implementations (I implemented with Oracle 9i AS ) and the architecture is slightly different. It was also not a real time preview.
The DCRs are deployed to the app server using teamsite triggers on save of dcr. iwproxy is used to virtualize the preview to app server. So, you wouldn't map to iwmount, but rather deploy the dcrs to app server.
You would have to take care of cleaning up the appserver or database after preview, not to mention authentication to websphere.
CSSDK may not be appropriate here. The idea w/ cssdk would be to show the dcr on the portal page - the user has to login to the portal.
dazzlad
Hi,
Thanks for the feedback.
The only issue that we have is the session cookie. what we are looking for is a way of having a proxy automtically authenticate to websphere at preview time.
Thanks.
Darren