All-
We have a problem with our backing store which is requiring us to do a migrate (iwmigrate). This doesn’t migrate workareas.
Some workareas I can create manually because all content and code have been submitted. In other WA's code/content cannot be promoted and must stay in the designated WA. These WA’s I am concerned about.
Does anyone have any steps/suggestions on how to create say 100+ workareas automatically? Does anyone have a script that they could share with me?
I'm looking on migrating over WA content/code, group for sharing and file/directory permissions.
Some steps I am considering are:
-- Create the new WA with Owner and Shared By permissions using the latest edition
-- Do a get latest in new WA to be double sure that the WA is in sync with staging
-- Copy over content from the old WA to the new WA only if content is different from staging (old WA -- old staging)
Some tools that I will probably use:
iwmkwa
iwupdate
iwcmp
What am missing?
I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could help me out.
Thanks in advance!
win2k3 TS 6.5 sp1; OD 6.0.1; DD enabled
The Professor-