Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
callout problem
Nidhi_Agrawal
I am using a callout on my DCT file.
When i am putting my "file.cgi" in to iw-bin folder ,then it is perfectly fine.
But i want to keep in different directory structure.
Can any one suggest ,how can i put my cgi file into folder different from iw-bin folder??
Nidhi..
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
RonaldV
Hi,
Like with most (secure) cgi setup's cgi-script must reside in the iw-bin directory.
I've seen devnet-posts that remark that in newer TS-versions you can store them in a dir UNDER iw-bin (e.g. iw-bin/custom) but I've not seen this work myself yet.
The common best-practice here is to use a proper naming convention for your cgi's like "<customer-name>_my_cgi.cgi". This way all custom-cgi will stand out in the iw-bin dir.
Good luck, Ronald
TS65 Sp1
Win2k Sp4
OD602
Nidhi_Agrawal
Hi Ronald,
On my system for SubDirctories of iw-bin it is working.
But, is it possible to keep my file in a folder at the same level of iw-bin folder??
Nidhi
RonaldV
I don't think so, unless you change the config of the apache-httpd.
TS65 Sp1
Win2k Sp4
OD602
gzevin
I would not muck around this settings, if I were you
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
kaalraa
Hi...Nidhi,
Is there any specific reason as why you want to place you cgi files out of iw-bin folder? As far as i know about it... it is not possible to run cgi files out of the specified folder unless and until apache settings would be changed.
~ aks
Nidhi_Agrawal
pls tell me in some detail.
Where and what changes i hv to maid.
Nidhi..
example.zip
jbonifaci
Why is it you want to do this? As many people have pointed out, it is best not to. I can not think of a good reason why you would need to. Please enlighten us as to why you feel you need to do this.
~Jeff
reddyl
The cgi scripts should be restricted to only a specific folder as these scripts can be exploited and have security loop holes which might be exploited.
nipper
Listen to the advice on devnet. Don't do this. There are experts on here who could probably do it. Then we would need to stay around to fix all ofthe unintended consequences of this action.
The change itself is pretty easy. If you cannot figure it out from what has been posted, you will NEVER be able to debug the problems that will happen.