Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Attaching a selected file to a CGI
Antharix
Hello,
I have created a custom link under (CCPRO) actions menu and url pointing to a CGI.
Functional Requirement : to be able to attach a selected DCR from the content center.
Approach adopted : use the (cgi->{form} ) request parameter to check for the attached file.
Result: Desired information not available.
Please advice.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
please provide more details... e.g. what do you mean by 'attach DCR'. etc, etcplatofrm, version
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
kaalraa
Hi there,
Atatching a DCR with a CGI file can only be done if the cgi file is acting as a CGITASK within a workflow. Whereas as per your requirement what i can understand is you want to pass the DCR name along with CGI when submitted.
I can just give you a logical path for comlpeting your requirement as it is very unclear as of now. What you can do is with CGI using Browse File button select the DCR you want to proceed with. You can create a hidden variable within a CGI with hidden value and once the form is submitted after selecting the DCR... transform the path selected as the value of the hidden varaible using javascript.
I hope it will solve your problem... if i understand it correctly. Else as Zevin has said... be more clear about your requirements along with the envioronment details.
~ aks
Antharix
Hi,
Thanks for the inputs. Here are a few clarifications.
I am trying to attach a file form the content center to a cgi file. as follows
I have created a link in menu list (actions).
select (check the checkbox associated) a file from the content center.
After selection of a file I click on the custom link in the menu list. This link points to / invokes a cgi.
I want to know as to how the selected file can be accessed in the called / invoked cgi.
Hope the above clarifies.
BTW : I have arrived at the solution and would like to close this THREAD.
Thanks to all for all the advice and support.
kaalraa
It is good to hear... that you have made yourself comfortable. But for new users please share your solution with them as well, if you can.
~ aks