Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Visual Annotates not enabled
milind
Hi,
I am using visual annotates in a workflow.
If a user reviews the attached file, he/she can annotate it using the Visual Annotate Toolbar.
Once the job is completed and new job is started with same file attached to it. Users can not review the attached file (Even if the previous job was compeleted). The tool bar in the browser shows a message "This file is not part of a workflow".
Can anyone help ?
We are using TeamSite6.1 on Solaris 8
Thanks & Regards
Milind
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
A file must be part of a (VA-enabled) workflow in order to take advantage of the Visual Annotate feature(s). To make this as transparent as possible to the users, consider creating a custom menu item that reads something like "Annotate This" and have it put the file into a one-step workflow where the user actually annotates the file.
You'll probably need to be a bit creative as to how to go about making this seamless to the end-user but VA needs a workflow in order to function, but the attributes / annotations you make are stored as extended attributes on the respective file.
Dave
Environments:
(1,2) TS6.5, TS6.5SP1 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
milind
Hi Dave,
Thanks for your reply.
I guess I didnt make my point clear. I am trying again.
I have a workflow which is VA enabled. If I attached a file for first time with this workflow and a user annotates it, it works fine.
Now, if again I attached the file to new job (i.e. instance of the same workflow) then user cannot annotate it. The message shown is "This file is not part of a workflow".
Please let me know if anything is not clear.
Thanks & Regards
Milind
milind
Hi
To be more precise it gives a message "This file is not part of a review process".
Any idea How it determines if the file is a part of review process or not ?
Regards
Milind
Migrateduser
Are you receiving both messages? The error message you're describing seem to be mutually exclusive but reply and attach your WFT so someone could suggest something more meaningful.
Environments:
(1,2) TS6.5, TS6.5SP1 on W2K3
(3) Vignette V7 Portal on Solaris 9
milind
Hi,
I am getting only one message, which is as below.
"This file is not part of a review process".
Regards
Milind
reddyl
I am not sure why you are geting that message, is this file locked by some other user?
jbonifaci
What kind of task is the workflow job currently on? Is it a group task? Have you taken ownership of that task?
milind
Sorry for the late reply, it is a user task and not a group task.
-Milind
milind
No,
The file is not locked by any user.
-Milind