Where to put local-dfs-runtime.properties?

devnull69
edited October 1, 2013 in Documentum #1

Hi there,

I tried to change the timeouts for registered contexts in DFS. According to the developer guide this can be done by changing the settings

dfs.crs.cache_expiration_after_x_minutes=5

dfs.crs.perform_cleanup_every_x_minutes=4

in dfs-runtime.properties. So I decided to copy this file from the emc-dfs-rt.jar of my EAR file, rename it to local-dfs-runtime.properties, copy it to my Composer project (/etc) and change those settings accordingly.

I exported my Documentum project to an EAR file (Export Service Archive) and I added the local-dfs-runtime.properties file to the list of Runtime Resources. The resulting EAR file clearly contains the local-dfs-runtime.properties in APP-INF/classes but DFS is still using the session for more than 5 minutes (default is 60 minutes ... and after 60 minutes it disposes the session).

How can I change those settings? Can I even disable them (like using 0 for the values)?

Tagged:

Comments

• devnull69
    edited September 24, 2013 #2

I found out that changing the default dfs-runtime.properties file from the EAR (in /lib/emc-dfs-rt.jar) and repackaging it into the EAR does the trick. But this is far from being handy.

There should be an easy way to do it with the local-dfs-runtime.properties

• devnull69
    edited September 25, 2013 #3

btw

I am referring to Documentum 6.7 SP 1

• jukkamatti
    edited September 25, 2013 #4

Hi,

"DFS also supports the use of an external configuration file that can be specified in the classpath or by a

Java Virtual Machine (‑D) parameter. The parameter name is ʺdfs.runtime.properties.file.ʺ

For example:

C:\java\bin\java -Ddfs.runtime.properties.file=C:\\DFS\\config\\dfsruntime.properties

"

Regards,

Jukka

• devnull69
    edited September 25, 2013 #5

Yes ... this is what I was referring to. I am using the local-dfs-runtime.properties in the classpath. Setting the java VM parameter is not an option (I guess it should be specified for the JBOSS method server??).

• devnull69
    edited October 1, 2013 #6

So, I found the emc-dfs-rt.jar file in the DocumentumCoreProject in Composer. I managed to update it there (by repackaging the dfs-runtime.properties). Now it's being deployed automatically with every export.

But please: Does someone know the correct way to have the configuration in the local-dfs-runtime.properties as mentioned in the deployment guide?