Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
iwfsck - w option
lawspetvetri
I am in the process of upgrading from TS 5.5.2 SP6 to TS 6.5 SP1 on Solaris 8.
While I was trying to run "iwfsck" against my 80GB backing store, it failed twice because of "out of memory". Though, I have 4GB of physical memory and 10GB of swap space fully available. TeamSite is the only application on the server and I have even stopped it.
I saw the -w option then, and want to go for it. However, I am not clear with the help given with this option.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-w size Set nominal fastwalk memory limit
(default is 'unlimited').
(size > 192 recommended if this option is used).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What does this 192 signify and is there any thumb rule to determine the size?
Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.
Thanks,
Vetri
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jed
Only 4GB of memory? We have 48GB's and STILL run out of memory! I think there is a fix in SP2 to resolve this issue. Anyway, in the past I have used the "-s" option to get the job done:
-s Stack walk (slower, but uses less memory than default)
(not allowed with -f)
It literally too all day and all night, but it did finish. Another alternative is to break it down by branch and run a series of iwfsck's (-branch option)
--
Jed Michnowicz
jedm@sun.com
Content Management Engineering
Sun Microsystems
Frederik
I would also really,
really
love to know how to interpret the -w value. We have 16 GB of memory, but "iwfsck -d -p -r" went out-of-memory on a 16GB store, after running thru about 10% of the 1 million points to walk ("iwfsck -d" took less than an hour)
anyone?
--Fred