Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
ContentCenter Login very Slow - Urgent!
amitjain
Hi All,
I am facing a performance issue. TS 5.5.2 on Solaris has been upgraded to 6.5 on Solaris and after copying over the store, the login time to enter ContentCenter Standard is between 40sec - 90 min,
this is obviously unacceptable to end users.
However if they log in to Content Center Professional, it logs them in instantly....I fail to understand the problem.
Though we have a custom portlet also, but i have tried removing it from the interface also but it dosent help.
Has anybody faced a similar issue, if yes any reply near or not of the problem is welcome.
Any quick repply is appreciated since its a production box.
Although I have raised a support case also, Any replies from Interwoven engineers plz?
Thanks.
Amit.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jbonifaci
Unfortunately, this is normal. Because Standard presents the user with a summary of all of their work, it needs to scan all of the workareas they have access to build the UI. This is why most people do not use the Standard version. My recommendation is to train your users on Professional.
~Jeff
amitjain
Oh really, I can't believe that. Interwoven sold the whole idea of upgrading to 6.5 for the sake of Portal like interface of CC Std and now its frustrating to users to wait for a minute to get inside it.
for sure, we cannot go to CC Pro as it defeats the whole idea of the upgrade
Amit.
jbonifaci
Maybe there is something support can do to help you, it doesn't hurt to try. But I've seen several posts where people have stated they do not use Standard for this very reason. I would definitely be interested to know if they are able to help you. Good luck to you.
~Jeff
gsundeep
Amit,
I have faced the similiar issue while login to CC Std.Although, not sure how it started working fine for me.
Sundeep
gzevin
This is not normal. Because I have found this problem in early 6.1, IWOV has come up with the functionality to enable MyWorkareas portlet, that reduces the number of workareas per user, thus speeding up the login and transition times.
It is in the docs.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
smenon
This is definitely not normal.. Are you on TeamSite 6.5 SP1 or SP2. SP1 and SP2 contain further optimizations on making the CC Std load time more efficient. As greg pointed out, there are some configuration options to restrict the number of workareas you see for the user when they login into CC Std. Can you shed some light on the number of workareas the user has access to on the system and the number of modified files in the workarea for that user?
thanks
--Sunil Menon
Sr. Product Manager
Interwoven, Inc.
jbonifaci
We were experiencing a login time of around 35-40 seconds, although I must admit I had not tried standard since before sp2 until just a few minutes ago. After trying now, the login time does seem to be reduced to around 5-10 seconds. But, I had also seen several posts where multiple devnet users still complain about performance on standard even after upgrading to 6.1 SP2 and/or 6.5. This is what I was basing my comments off.
Although, I just looked back at the original post and saw the 90 min part, I must have only seen the 40 second part originally. 90 minutes would definitely not normal under any circumstances,
.
~Jeff
amitjain
My Apologies. its 90 sec and not 90 min
.
The average time
I tried restricting no. of Workarea to only 2 from 12, but that hasn't also helped.
Amit.
multi_param_script.rptdesign
Adam Stoller
Perhaps providing a bit more detail about the scenario will help:
TS 6.5:
vanilla (no SP)?
SP1?, or
SP2?
Hardware:
RAM?
Disk space?
Number of branches?
Number of workareas:
In total?
Average per branch?
Maximum on any one branch?
Client machine(s):
Does this problem happen for all users? many users? one or two users?
What is the hardware configuration for users who experience this problem:
RAM?
Disk space?
OS version (including SPs)?
Browser (vendor / version)?
There are probably other questions that could play a part in this - but these are probably good ones to start with.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
foxman
My bet is there a lot of modified files. You DO indeed experience this if you have a couple (2) or more workareas with lots of modifications. It seems to get worse (much worse) as you add workareas.
We train our users to only have a single workarea listed at any one time, and to switch if needed, fortunatley that works fine for our designs to date. No doubt it will become an issue at some point.
I like Standard although users do quickly grow out of Standard in my view. The no Get Latest is a bit of a hamstring, and the copy files function is VILE. But I train end users all the time and I can do it in standard in a fraction of the time compared to Professional, and at least get them running until they hit the wall.
Migrateduser
Under "Work in Progress" on the first page change it from ALL to 10 (or whatever option you see, depends on version of Teamsite). My users complained about the login time on Standard until I had them change this setting and now it's night and day. But, maybe you've already tried that.
Here's another suggestion. Make a new backing store, switch them over, should just be a rename and see if the performance increases.
Windows 2000
Teamsite 6.5