Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Bundles and Versions
jlinwood
Does anyone use the Bundle functionality in the WOM API?
I'm trying to improve performance on one of our client applications that talks to a Worksite MP 4.1 HFB5 server. One of the slow areas is displaying all of the versions for a given document, so I thought I would try using bundles to improve performance.
I can't seem to get bundles to work for bringing over versions of documents (not just documents under a folder). Anyone had any luck with using Version.class in the BundleArgument?
Thanks,
Jeff Linwood
Gossamer Group
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
dbguy
The bundle will not work in this case. It does not handle retrieving versions of a single document.
jlinwood
Alright. Weird, I would have thought it would work roughly the same way for a Document and its Version objects as for a Folder and its Document objects. Some of our documents have hundreds of versions.
Jeff
dbguy
You can use Document.searchVersions(SearchArgument searchArgument). You can use searchArgument to specify a condition, sort order and items to be retrieved/skipped. It should be easy to implement your own paging with it.
jlinwood
Thanks - I'll try doing the search, and see if that improves our performance over just Document.getAllVersions()